“First Class in Every Way.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cliff House at Pikes Peak

The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Manitou Springs
Kansas City, MO
“First Class in Every Way.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

I enjoyed everything about the place. The service was wonderful as was the room. I'll stay here the next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Ask a number of time for a lower room rate.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Let's start by saying that the hotel facilities top notch. It was the customer service that went from poor to worse. We went to the bar to attempt to order a snack and had a poor service experience. I mentioned this to the person working behind the desk and they insisted I fill out a comment card. I declined as it was the first night together with my new wife. They continued to tell me to fill out a comment card and I asked to please talk to a manager. They again told me to fill out a comment card. I then asked to 'please see a manager now' and the staff member in a condescending attitude told me 'you don't tell me now!!'. I told told I can request to speak to a manager whenever I want and he muttered something under his breath at me. So, needless to say I lost my patients and yelled at the guy who now moved from behind the counter and said I am only a door greeter. I called the General Manager and left several messages. The general manager does not work weekends and never personally called me back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank justfitz2004
BoomerGuy, General Manager at The Cliff House at Pikes Peak, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
It is with much trepidation that I respond to this particular complaint. I would say that 99.9 percent of our guests come and have a fabulous time, enjoy the facilities and staff, and most importantly, enjoy their time with their loved ones. We are here to facilitate a wonderful life-long memory and when we fail to achieve this, we are deeply disheartened. Without recanting the entire incident, after this guest alerted us to his displeasure we immediately tried to accommodate him and his bride in our other dining areas. We bought them both a round of drinks and an appetizer and apologized multiple times. The groom was not satisfied and went absolutely ballistic. He was very aggressive towards our front desk staff. He began yelling and cursing at our bellman (who is excellent and has been with the hotel for 10 years without any prior complaints) and used his middle-finger to show the bellman what the groom was trying to say, lest my bellman not understand the meaning of the groom’s cursing. This was witnessed by 5 staff members and guests in the lobby area. It is very rare that we call the Police to extricate a particular patron from our premises, it usually requires a guest actually putting hands on the staff, but this incident almost required a call to the Police. We refrained from calling the Police because it was this couple’s wedding night. I did speak with the bride’s father within days of the incident and apologized, but also explained our position in this incident. This complaint illustrates one of the pitfalls of the internet, in that anyone can state anything without recourse.
I offer our apologies for our lapse in service and for not making this a positive memory for you both.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

We have stayed at the Cliffhouse for several years. We found the hotel through friends who recommended it to us. Great friends! Upgrade your room to the Celebrity Suites. The rooms are fun, romantic, and really relaxing. There is an old fashioned veranda to relax on in the shadow of Pikes Peak. The restaurant is first class and the staff is excellent. The hotel is one of the most charming places you could ever stay. The hotel is located in the small town of Manitou Springs. It is a fun place to walk around and shop. East at the Loop if you like Mexican food. We have stayed in the summer and the winter. The summer is the best time. They have an English Garden that is beautiful and smells so good. A+++++

• Stayed July 2010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

Very attentive, friendly and accommodating staff. Stopped by for lunch following a long morning hike....the frozen pistachio soufflé finished off a superb lunch on the patio perfectly.

• Stayed June 2011
West Decatur, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

12 of us including 4 children loved this resort. Clean and the staff was always pleasant and
helpful. Bell hops very friendly. Had 3 different styles of rooms and we all loved each one.
Celebrity rooms, deluxe and Jr. Suite.Complimentary breakfast was very filling and nice options. Can't wait to someday go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Manitou Springs
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

I pointed out a appitizer that the crab was bad on and she took it to the kitchen only to return with the same plate and said the cook said this is ok, no offer to replace with something else and no offer to remove it from the check. I am a local and spend in excess of $6000 per year here. NO MORE thay have seen my last dine, as well as I wil be sure to spread to the locals of my experiance and will not be recomending to tourists

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank divineElegance1
BoomerGuy, General Manager at The Cliff House at Pikes Peak, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Please accept our apologies on our poor service. It is highly unusual for us not to take a disliked item off the check and I cannot offer even a reasonable explanation as to why we did not. Being that you were a regular patron I would have hoped you would have alerted our manager on duty as to our indescrection so that we could have corrected the situation before your departure. Perhaps in the future you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves. My apologies again.
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Wonderful staff, great rooms. Beautiful area. Loved our stay there

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,037 reviews
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Cheyenne Mountain Resort
#17 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,302 reviews

Been to The Cliff House at Pikes Peak? Share your experiences!