My husband and I stayed here for one night to celebrate our anniversary. It was absolutely perfect, and would have been great even for a longer stay.
ROOM: We stayed in a regular room, after great debate about whether or not to get the junior suite. Our room was plenty big and very comfortable, so I'm glad we decided to save the money.
The room had lots of nice touches, with warm red robes, a coffeemaker, and nice smelling toiletries. The heated toilet seat was a novelty but in reality not all that exciting.
REST: We had a queen size bed with the most comfortable pillows we had all week. I hate flimsy feather pillows and was glad to have such a great place to lay my head. The room is quiet with no street noise or sounds from the hallway and other rooms.
CLEANLINESS: We have no complaints - our room was spotless! Turn down service is available in the evening as well.
SERVICE: This is where the hotel really stands out. Everyone we came across, from the front desk staff to bellmen, valets, housekeeping and restaurant staff were wonderful. Of course, a service fee (mandatory) is added to your bill - but I don't mind paying when the service is this extraordinary. They bent over backwards for us, and it really made our stay.
LOCATION: The hotel is in Manitou Springs, within walking distance (15 minutes) of the Pike's Peak cograil. You'll find restaurants, shopping, and other attractions also an easy walk away. Garden of the Gods was a quick drive as well. The city of Colorado Springs and the COS airport are also an easy drive.
PARKING: Parking is valet-only and for a fee, but the valet service was quick. There are no limits as to how often you can come in and out.
BREAKFAST: The breakfast spread was huge, with scrambled eggs (and assorted toppings you could add yourself, such as diced ham, cheese, or salsa), sausage links, french toast, biscuits with gravy, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, juices, yogurt, coffee and tea. Try the apple strudel if they have it...yum! Breakfast was free with our romance package, but I'd recommend it even if it's not included in your rate. I loved the extended hours also (6:30-10:30) since both early risers and late sleepers can be accommodated.
WI-FI: Wi-fi was fast and free. How can you go wrong?
OTHER NOTES: We loved sitting out on the veranda with a bottle of wine. The street has some people coming and going during the daytime, but really quiets down at night. Dinner at their main restaurant also looked great, but unfortunately we only had one night in town and reservations at a different restaurant. Maybe next time...
BOTTOM LINE: Save the money and stay here instead of the Broadmoore. You won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes a hotel truly special?Prestige? Romance? Luxury? As a four diamond Colorado Springs Hotel, these attributes are very important, and we have each of them in abundance, but none of them matter as much as... the stories. The stories that are started here, by brides and grooms celebrating their weddings. The stories that are commemorated here, when couples choose us for their anniversaries. The stories that are shared here, when family vacations become unforgettable memories. Our stories really do matter: they define who we are. You see, as the premier historic hotel of the Greater Colorado Springs area, our history is forever intertwined with what we are today. In fact, The Cliff House is older than the State of Colorado itself! And just like your story, we have had our ups and downs: we have played host to famous dignitaries, and we have been a barracks for soldiers. Later floods and fires have even threatened our hotel's very existence. But, just like you, we've persevered. After our extensive remodel and grand re-opening in 1999, we quickly proved that The Cliff House is once again one of Colorado's finest luxury hotels. Nestled at the foot of majestic Pikes Peak, we've managed to keep all the trappings of Victorian elegance and luxury and also become a leader in innovative room features with state-of-the-art technology. Since 2001, we've consecutively received the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for both the hotel and our dining room. Our dining room has also received the DiRoNa Award, and Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, every year. From our world-class fine dining, our amazing rooms, personalized service, our fun new bar and grill, to the limitless experiences and activities Manitou Springs has to offer: we are confident that you will love your stay here... and what a story you'll have to tell! We're proud of our history. Come share yours with us! We're within ten minutes of downtown Colorado Springs, but (rest assured) a world away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cliff House at Pikes Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff House At Pikes Peak Hotel Manitou Springs
- Cliff Hotel Manitou Springs