Our second visit to The Cliff House was just as memorable as the first. Staff are wonderful and there are lots of staff to assist you with anything required. Valet parking is an excellent service. Breakfast is included in a beautifully presented restaurant. The breakfast consists of the usual US foods which we avoid, like cakes, pastries, French Toast, scrambled eggs and other hot alien foods. However, there are plenty of cereals, juices, yoghurts etc. No toast though.
The rooms are lovely and have an older style. Beds are comfortable. We extended our stay to an extra 2 and asked to be moved to a room with a view over town. A minor error by staff with our move but we were given the Henry Ford Suite as an upgrade. The suites are beautiful and big. Everything you need is in the room. A writing desk, lounge chairs and coffee table, a good sized bathroom with a spa and a steam shower. The steam shower only worked once during our stay. I am not sure why it ran out of steam! It is just a novelty but fun. The heated toilet seat is a great idea too. I think it is time to upgrade the ancient Zenith TV's in such a nice hotel. It is well overdue to replace these historical things. We loved our stay at Cliff House and it was great to be back. There are lots of things to do in Manitou. The gratuities are included in the bill at $9 so be aware of that. I did not feel that any staff member was waiting for tips. One other thing. I think it is time that management started responding to reviews so the 178 reviewers know that we are rating their property so high. So, new potential guests, remind them about TA when you arrive. I always like to tell staff that I have read about their property on TA and that it influenced my decision to stay at their property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes a hotel truly special?Prestige? Romance? Luxury? As a four diamond Colorado Springs Hotel, these attributes are very important, and we have each of them in abundance, but none of them matter as much as... the stories. The stories that are started here, by brides and grooms celebrating their weddings. The stories that are commemorated here, when couples choose us for their anniversaries. The stories that are shared here, when family vacations become unforgettable memories. Our stories really do matter: they define who we are. You see, as the premier historic hotel of the Greater Colorado Springs area, our history is forever intertwined with what we are today. In fact, The Cliff House is older than the State of Colorado itself! And just like your story, we have had our ups and downs: we have played host to famous dignitaries, and we have been a barracks for soldiers. Later floods and fires have even threatened our hotel's very existence. But, just like you, we've persevered. After our extensive remodel and grand re-opening in 1999, we quickly proved that The Cliff House is once again one of Colorado's finest luxury hotels. Nestled at the foot of majestic Pikes Peak, we've managed to keep all the trappings of Victorian elegance and luxury and also become a leader in innovative room features with state-of-the-art technology. Since 2001, we've consecutively received the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for both the hotel and our dining room. Our dining room has also received the DiRoNa Award, and Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, every year. From our world-class fine dining, our amazing rooms, personalized service, our fun new bar and grill, to the limitless experiences and activities Manitou Springs has to offer: we are confident that you will love your stay here... and what a story you'll have to tell! We're proud of our history. Come share yours with us! We're within ten minutes of downtown Colorado Springs, but (rest assured) a world away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Cliff House at Pikes Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff House At Pikes Peak Hotel Manitou Springs
- Cliff Hotel Manitou Springs