We spent one night here to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel is Victorian with modern updates including a heated toilet seat in the bathroom! Our room was clean and comfortable on the 3rd floor with a view overlooking Manitou Springs. Overall we loved our stay. Really enjoyed the live guitar music on the balcony of the Red Rock Bar and Grille on property, happy hour was from 5:00 to 6:00 pm and included $5 house wines, martinis and $3 beers. We also enjoyed the easy walk to the shops in the heart of Manitou Springs. There were two negatives to our stay. First, our room included a dining credit which was great so we tried the dining room for dinner. I had the ruby trout which had a very nice flavor but was dry and chewy. My husband ordered the pork loin which was so dry that he took one bite and was done. The waiter immediately offered something else but my husband decided to decline. The other issue was on a chilly night after rain in the afternoon the air conditioning was on high and the vent next to our table caused us to be very uncomfortable while dining. My husband put a menu over the vent and the waiter added another when he realized we were uncomfortable. We were surprised by the mediocre food after being impressed by the hotel overall which was disappointing.
In regards to our room while overall we loved it we had to call for maintenance twice as the bathroom cold faucet handle would not turn off and subsequently we stopped using it when we were told the maintenance man did not have the correct part to fix it.
This is a wonderful place for a couple to escape or celebrate a special occasion and we will return but will not dine in the dining room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes a hotel truly special?Prestige? Romance? Luxury? As a four diamond Colorado Springs Hotel, these attributes are very important, and we have each of them in abundance, but none of them matter as much as... the stories. The stories that are started here, by brides and grooms celebrating their weddings. The stories that are commemorated here, when couples choose us for their anniversaries. The stories that are shared here, when family vacations become unforgettable memories. Our stories really do matter: they define who we are. You see, as the premier historic hotel of the Greater Colorado Springs area, our history is forever intertwined with what we are today. In fact, The Cliff House is older than the State of Colorado itself! And just like your story, we have had our ups and downs: we have played host to famous dignitaries, and we have been a barracks for soldiers. Later floods and fires have even threatened our hotel's very existence. But, just like you, we've persevered. After our extensive remodel and grand re-opening in 1999, we quickly proved that The Cliff House is once again one of Colorado's finest luxury hotels. Nestled at the foot of majestic Pikes Peak, we've managed to keep all the trappings of Victorian elegance and luxury and also become a leader in innovative room features with state-of-the-art technology. Since 2001, we've consecutively received the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for both the hotel and our dining room. Our dining room has also received the DiRoNa Award, and Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, every year. From our world-class fine dining, our amazing rooms, personalized service, our fun new bar and grill, to the limitless experiences and activities Manitou Springs has to offer: we are confident that you will love your stay here... and what a story you'll have to tell! We're proud of our history. Come share yours with us! We're within ten minutes of downtown Colorado Springs, but (rest assured) a world away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cliff House at Pikes Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff House At Pikes Peak Hotel Manitou Springs
- Cliff Hotel Manitou Springs