We just returned from a fabulous stay at the Cliff House. It is a block away from shops and restaurants. They require you to valet park but are quick about retrieving your car and have the tip built in to the hotel fee, so you don't have to have cash readily available. Our room was a nice size with very comfortable beds, and lots of small things that made a difference, like an electric heated toilet seat, and the light comes on in the closet when opened. They have a full sized ironing board, a hair dryer and robes in the closet, and will bring a humidifier on request. The service was great and the hot breakfast buffet had lots to offer and was served in a elegant dining room with beautiful paintings by a local artist, and a view of the mountains. They have coffee at the ready with to go cups just outside the dining area. There is a nice front porch with chairs to lounge on, as well as a large fitness room, and a large living area with couches for guests to enjoy as well as wifi throughout the hotel. The staff was friendly and happy to help. The town is quaint with lots of restaurants in walking distance but don't miss the local made ice cream. You will want to frequent that daily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes a hotel truly special?Prestige? Romance? Luxury? As a four diamond Colorado Springs Hotel, these attributes are very important, and we have each of them in abundance, but none of them matter as much as... the stories. The stories that are started here, by brides and grooms celebrating their weddings. The stories that are commemorated here, when couples choose us for their anniversaries. The stories that are shared here, when family vacations become unforgettable memories. Our stories really do matter: they define who we are. You see, as the premier historic hotel of the Greater Colorado Springs area, our history is forever intertwined with what we are today. In fact, The Cliff House is older than the State of Colorado itself! And just like your story, we have had our ups and downs: we have played host to famous dignitaries, and we have been a barracks for soldiers. Later floods and fires have even threatened our hotel's very existence. But, just like you, we've persevered. After our extensive remodel and grand re-opening in 1999, we quickly proved that The Cliff House is once again one of Colorado's finest luxury hotels. Nestled at the foot of majestic Pikes Peak, we've managed to keep all the trappings of Victorian elegance and luxury and also become a leader in innovative room features with state-of-the-art technology. Since 2001, we've consecutively received the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for both the hotel and our dining room. Our dining room has also received the DiRoNa Award, and Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, every year. From our world-class fine dining, our amazing rooms, personalized service, our fun new bar and grill, to the limitless experiences and activities Manitou Springs has to offer: we are confident that you will love your stay here... and what a story you'll have to tell! We're proud of our history. Come share yours with us! We're within ten minutes of downtown Colorado Springs, but (rest assured) a world away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cliff House at Pikes Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff House At Pikes Peak Hotel Manitou Springs
- Cliff Hotel Manitou Springs