“A unique place worth staying in”

The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Manitou Springs
Reviewed 9 August 2008

We recently stayed in one of the celebrity suites, the Buffalo Bill suite.

At first I was not going to book this room based on price, however, when calling the hotel directly I got a fabulous rate so we booked it. The rate was due to some construction going on... of which we didn't even notice while staying here!

The room was great and there were so many touches that made it unique. The bathroom was awesome too! If you want a unique and romantic place you can get that here. Our room showed that they have paid attention to every detail. Each thing in our room went with the Buffalo Bill theme and my husband loved it.

We also ate here for dinner- great food and you need to get the souflee! The chef even wrote on our dessert plates.

• Stayed: July 2008

Reviewed 7 August 2008

We have just spent two nights in July 2008 at the Cliff House Hotel in Manitou Springs, Colorado. The hotel is decorated in a Victorian theme and we had a very comfortable double bedroom. The curtains were a work of art . The television was concealed behind a painting on the wall fitting in seamlessly with the Victorian decor. The room included within the en-suite a two person jetted tub and an electrically heated toilet seat!
Car parking is by valet parking only, and I would have preferred to park my own car, but we worked round this.
The restaurant is highly recommended with a knowledgable sommelier and very friendly staff. We particularly enjoyed the Chateaubriand and the souffle but the whole menu is a delight. In the evening we savoured drinks on the extensive terraced area. We stayed in fourteen different hotels this summer on our extended visit to south western America and this was in the top two. I trecommend the Cliff House wholeheartedly - it's a great find!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2008

Living in Colorado Springs, (next to Manitou Springs,) we were looking for a great venue for our daughter's wedding reception. Having hosted our first daughter's reception previously at the 5-Diamond Broadmoor Hotel here, and being disappointed with their wedding director's service, we were unsure of what to expect at the Cliff House. We were happy to find they have both excellent service and quality food and rooms. Our daughter and new son-in-law also spent the first few nights of their honeymoon in the beautiful Thomas Edison Suite, and loved its romantic decor. They were thrilled with their room service dinner, saying it was the best food they had ever enjoyed. Our reception for 150 guests was held in the vintage-style ballroom, and was very well done. Kristin Wheeler, the Sales and Catering Manager, did a wonderful job orchestrating it, and is a very pleasant young woman to work with.
Manitou Springs is sort of an old hippie town. My mother vacationed there in the 1940s, and it hasn't changed much. The Cliff House is the nicest facility there, and is at its best in early summer, when flowers are blooming and trees are green. (Spring comes very late here.) If you want nostalgia and a quaint, romantic, "Pride and Prejudice" atmosphere, as our daughter did, it is perfect.

Reviewed 29 March 2008

What a great hotel, from the time you arrive the hotel staff is top notch! The room was very clean and well maintained. The room had a jet tub/shower combo, we used it every night. It did take a little bit to get it to work, but i think a monkey could do it!!! We were surprised with turn down service it was great! The hotel is centrally located in Manitou springs. Everything in town is in walking distance. Oh yea, they have a hot breakfast that is included in the room rate, how hard is that to find now a days!!! will stay there again!

1  Thank Deltony007
Reviewed 23 March 2008

Arrived at approx. 3:30 pm on March 14, 2008, and immediately we tried to turn on the TV in our room to check the weather, and the remotes did not work. I reported this to the desk, and when we returned later, they still did not work. At this point the desk clerk left her desk and came to our room with new batteries, tried both the TV and the VCR with no luck. The next morning, when we complained, a rude desk clerk told us "we obviously did not know how to operate the TV!"

We arrived back at the hotel at 9:30 pm that same night, and asked if the resturant was still open, the answer was no, and was further told that unfortunately there was no longer room service. This in spite of the hotel literature that claims 24 hour food room service. The hotel representative suggested we try "Wendy's" some 5 miles away. We were told on check out that "we had been misinformed".

In the morning, after many attempts to control the shower hot water, we where finally successful. Before you put this down to lack of fluidics knowledge, I do have a bonafide Mechanical Engineering Degree.

What should have been a lovely, if expensive evening, was a huge disappointment. We have stayed in many small luxury hotels in the U.S, ,Canada, and Europe so that we have a frame of reference. You can forgive the pealling wall paper in our room that night, if the level of staff competence is up to par, and certainly not rude and unknowledgeble.

s.

5  Thank EdLaredo
Reviewed 14 March 2008

I booked a night at The Cliff House as a surprise for my boyfriend on our vacation to Colorado. We stayed in the Jr Deluxe room...jet tub, fire place, heated toilet (just wait until you try that...it was just awesome) We got a great Mountain View of Pikes Peak and Manitou Springs. For those of you who haven't been to Manitou Springs the heart of Manitou Springs it's about maybe 2 blocks? It's extremely small but there is a lot to do. They have small shops everything from pottery to music stores. We ended up getting settled in and walking over to THE KEG for a couple of drinks then we walked over to The Loop. It's a great mexican restaurant with grande Margaritas. When I say Grande I mean HUGE! 10 bucks and it was worth all of it. After a couple of beers and one Large Margarita I was feeling just fine.

We went back to the Hotel where I can't say enough about the people who work there. A+++++ customer service, I didn't even have time to reach for one door, someone was always there with a smile getting it for us. Even when being compared to the 4 seasons this has topped our exceptions. Robbie was the best!!!

They have heaters outside in case your a smoker or just like to relax outside they turn those on for you. I have bragged about this hotel since I got back to Dallas. So if you considering a romantic get away I would HIghly Recommend. We had such a great time I didn't want to leave. Oh they have awesome robes so you might want to add 100 bucks to your budget because you will want to leave with one. ( I would never even think about paying that much but you just wait and see)

Reviewed 18 February 2008

We have recently returned from an overnight Valentine Day stay at The Cliff House and it was wonderful. The service was incredible with every attention paid to the smallest detail. It was as though we were the only guests staying there. I must say I have been many places around the world and this staff were some of the most attentive I've seen. The room was Victorian inspired and the linens were lovely.The bed was very comfortable which is extremely important to me and they use Aveda products for shampoo and conditioner. The hotel is historic being built in the 1880's. It is very quiet even though you are in downtown Manitou Springs.

Our dinner reservations were rather late 9PM due to the high demand onValentines Day. We ordered room service to bring us up some appetizers since we were eating late and we were told that they could seat us now at 6PM. The dinner meal was 4 courses: an appetizer, an incredible salad (that my husband who does not usually eat salads liked), an entree and dessert. My filet mignon was so tender I could cut it with a butter knife and the sauce it was served in was incredible, it melted in my mouth...I would go back again for it. It is without a doubt the best I've ever had and my husband who had the salmon which was very good said he really loved my filet the best so we will be back to eat again! Again, the staff were most attentive!

As an overnight guest, you receive a complimentary newspaper and breakfast in the dining room. It was very nicely done not elaborate but a continental plus with eggs/meat/cheese.

I would definitely like to return and perhaps stay in one of the suites. Also, keep an eye out for online specials, that is how I was able to get such a good rate for our stay. The hotel also has specials of their own from time to time. You won't be disappointed if you stay at The Cliff House.

• Stayed: February 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitou Springs
3 mi away
Garden of the Gods Collection
Garden of the Gods Collection
#3 of 103 in Colorado Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 103 in Colorado Springs
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#20 of 103 in Colorado Springs
TownePlace Suites Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods
TownePlace Suites Colorado Sprin...
#33 of 103 in Colorado Springs

Been to The Cliff House at Pikes Peak? Share your experiences!