My partner and I stayed here recently and had an absolutely wonderful stay. Note: We prefer unique hotels to the more common, commercialized chains. So the Cliff House was exactly what we were looking for. The hotel had charm, nostalgia, excellent service, and great location. We stayed in a deluxe room that was truly deluxe -- king sized bed, spa tub, working gas fireplace, fluffy robes, etc. All staff were kind and friendly -- great service. The morning breakfast was fantastic with everything one might want to eat for breakfast. Yes, there are fees that we were notified of after we made our reservation and before our credit card was charged. Given that we booked the hotel at a discount anyway, we were fine with the fees. They were worth the service we received upon arrival and throughout our stay. We look forward to staying here again.
The only downside is that the reviews of the restaurant and bar & grill are likely true. We read the reviews but decided to eat at the bar & grill one night anyway because we aren't too picky about food / food service. After a long day of hiking and snacking, we were ready for a big meal. We each ordered pizzas, which were brought to us on thin bread and were about the size of a tortilla. Anywhere else, I would expect these pizzas to be $5 appetizers that you can order while you await your main course. These two pizzas cost us $33 and left us leaving the table very hungry. I wish we had heeded the reviews and eaten elsewhere. Aside from the food, the wait service in the bar & grill was good and we enjoyed the fireplace and live classical guitar music.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes a hotel truly special?Prestige? Romance? Luxury? As a four diamond Colorado Springs Hotel, these attributes are very important, and we have each of them in abundance, but none of them matter as much as... the stories. The stories that are started here, by brides and grooms celebrating their weddings. The stories that are commemorated here, when couples choose us for their anniversaries. The stories that are shared here, when family vacations become unforgettable memories. Our stories really do matter: they define who we are. You see, as the premier historic hotel of the Greater Colorado Springs area, our history is forever intertwined with what we are today. In fact, The Cliff House is older than the State of Colorado itself! And just like your story, we have had our ups and downs: we have played host to famous dignitaries, and we have been a barracks for soldiers. Later floods and fires have even threatened our hotel's very existence. But, just like you, we've persevered. After our extensive remodel and grand re-opening in 1999, we quickly proved that The Cliff House is once again one of Colorado's finest luxury hotels. Nestled at the foot of majestic Pikes Peak, we've managed to keep all the trappings of Victorian elegance and luxury and also become a leader in innovative room features with state-of-the-art technology. Since 2001, we've consecutively received the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for both the hotel and our dining room. Our dining room has also received the DiRoNa Award, and Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, every year. From our world-class fine dining, our amazing rooms, personalized service, our fun new bar and grill, to the limitless experiences and activities Manitou Springs has to offer: we are confident that you will love your stay here... and what a story you'll have to tell! We're proud of our history. Come share yours with us! We're within ten minutes of downtown Colorado Springs, but (rest assured) a world away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cliff House at Pikes Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff House At Pikes Peak Hotel Manitou Springs
- Cliff Hotel Manitou Springs