Wondering if some of the bad reviews were even of the same hotel... and certainly check the other listing for more reviews of the restaurant (one reviewer below had long restaurant review instead of hotel review; we had an excellent experience at the restaurant too, incidentally). We've stayed at all the historic hotels in CO, and this one is one of the better kept up ones. Location is great; you don't have to drive once you get there if you want to just dine and shop and explore the cute town. All staff we encountered, and there seem to be many around to cater to your needs, were friendly and solicitous and accommodating. We got a winter deal (get on their email list) so it ends up a bargain. The added fees that everyone complains about: it's actually a wash if you are a tipper anyway, b/c if you ask they tell you the $9/day fee (not $18 as someone wrote) covers tips for housekeeping, valet, bellhop, and breakfast service. Which latter (breakfast) btw is also outstanding; can't believe negative reviews below; we've stayed many times and it's always hot, fresh, constantly replenished, huge variety (can't imagine a breakfast item they do NOT include). It IS an old hotel tho, so ask about how to work the shower to make sure you get hot water (supposedly a trick we didn't learn til check-out), and plumbing above us quite loud, and some other building noises, and thin walls (you could hear tv in next room). Standard rooms not giant and some bathrooms bigger than others. But the hotel is nicely appointed, not huge so it's easy to get around, and while elegant, still homey and comfy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes a hotel truly special?Prestige? Romance? Luxury? As a four diamond Colorado Springs Hotel, these attributes are very important, and we have each of them in abundance, but none of them matter as much as... the stories. The stories that are started here, by brides and grooms celebrating their weddings. The stories that are commemorated here, when couples choose us for their anniversaries. The stories that are shared here, when family vacations become unforgettable memories. Our stories really do matter: they define who we are. You see, as the premier historic hotel of the Greater Colorado Springs area, our history is forever intertwined with what we are today. In fact, The Cliff House is older than the State of Colorado itself! And just like your story, we have had our ups and downs: we have played host to famous dignitaries, and we have been a barracks for soldiers. Later floods and fires have even threatened our hotel's very existence. But, just like you, we've persevered. After our extensive remodel and grand re-opening in 1999, we quickly proved that The Cliff House is once again one of Colorado's finest luxury hotels. Nestled at the foot of majestic Pikes Peak, we've managed to keep all the trappings of Victorian elegance and luxury and also become a leader in innovative room features with state-of-the-art technology. Since 2001, we've consecutively received the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for both the hotel and our dining room. Our dining room has also received the DiRoNa Award, and Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, every year. From our world-class fine dining, our amazing rooms, personalized service, our fun new bar and grill, to the limitless experiences and activities Manitou Springs has to offer: we are confident that you will love your stay here... and what a story you'll have to tell! We're proud of our history. Come share yours with us! We're within ten minutes of downtown Colorado Springs, but (rest assured) a world away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Cliff House at Pikes Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff House At Pikes Peak Hotel Manitou Springs
- Cliff Hotel Manitou Springs