In April, 2014, my parents stayed at the Cliff House at Pikes Peak for their 62nd anniversary. While it was their first visit to the Cliff House, they had been to the Pikes Peak region before ... the first time on their honeymoon in 1952! I believe they still have some memorabilia from that first trip.
I contacted the Cliff House the day of my parents' planned arrival on the outside chance we could upgrade their room. Maggie took my call and without hesitation was able to upgrade the room to the Simmons Suite with a view of Pikes Peak. While Maggie recognized the significance of my parents' visit and paid close attention to their comfort during their stay, I believe I can say with confidence that Maggie handles all of the Cliff House visitors with the same care and five start treatment.
My parents have traveled many countries, and the highest compliment they can bestow upon a hotel is to say that they genuinely felt "at home", which was how they felt while they were at the Cliff House. In the Simmons Suite, mom and dad sat comfortably by the fire reading books and enjoying the view of Pikes Peak from their bay window. They would have also loved to enjoy time on the front porch, but said the weather was a little too cool during their stay, however, have vowed to return.
The breakfast served in the beautiful dining room was another treat. The food was delicious, and Anthony efficiently attended to mom and dad, as well as to the other guests. The view from the dining room invites one to linger, and makes the hearty morning meal even that much more enjoyable.
Later in the month of May, a co-worker and her sister were visiting Colorado from Minneapolis and asked where to stay if they wanted to visit Pikes Peak? Of course I said "the Cliff House". I've just hung up the phone with her. She said that she and her sister are so thankful for the recommendation. They felt like "little girls" again exploring the historic hotel and enjoying visits with the locals. During their stay there was a rain storm. After the storm passed, she and her sister went to the Cliff House Red Mountain Grill for dinner and sat on the porch enjoying the food, the drinks and the view. She said she's never felt so peaceful and relaxed as she did during her stay at the Cliff House. They too have vowed to return, but this time with "significant others".
My husband and I try to book a trip to the Cliff House at least once per year. Last year my husband decided we must endeavor to stay in every suite.....he's wacky that way. We'll give it our best shot ! Don't miss out on the magic of Manitou. Make the Cliff House your home base for exploring this enchanted region. You'll be glad you did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes a hotel truly special?Prestige? Romance? Luxury? As a four diamond Colorado Springs Hotel, these attributes are very important, and we have each of them in abundance, but none of them matter as much as... the stories. The stories that are started here, by brides and grooms celebrating their weddings. The stories that are commemorated here, when couples choose us for their anniversaries. The stories that are shared here, when family vacations become unforgettable memories. Our stories really do matter: they define who we are. You see, as the premier historic hotel of the Greater Colorado Springs area, our history is forever intertwined with what we are today. In fact, The Cliff House is older than the State of Colorado itself! And just like your story, we have had our ups and downs: we have played host to famous dignitaries, and we have been a barracks for soldiers. Later floods and fires have even threatened our hotel's very existence. But, just like you, we've persevered. After our extensive remodel and grand re-opening in 1999, we quickly proved that The Cliff House is once again one of Colorado's finest luxury hotels. Nestled at the foot of majestic Pikes Peak, we've managed to keep all the trappings of Victorian elegance and luxury and also become a leader in innovative room features with state-of-the-art technology. Since 2001, we've consecutively received the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for both the hotel and our dining room. Our dining room has also received the DiRoNa Award, and Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, every year. From our world-class fine dining, our amazing rooms, personalized service, our fun new bar and grill, to the limitless experiences and activities Manitou Springs has to offer: we are confident that you will love your stay here... and what a story you'll have to tell! We're proud of our history. Come share yours with us! We're within ten minutes of downtown Colorado Springs, but (rest assured) a world away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cliff House at Pikes Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff House At Pikes Peak Hotel Manitou Springs
- Cliff Hotel Manitou Springs