We were traveling through Colorado on an off roading trip and decided to stay here based on reviews and location. There were a lot of road works on going and valet parking was the only option but being in a wheel chair I had to go around to the back entrance which was blocked of by 3 ft of sand bags as they had a flooding incident and it seems that if it was going to possible rain they put up this sandbag walls due to a bit of paranoia on the GM (staffs words not mine). While my jeep was in their care my brand new synthetic winch cable and KC lights were stolen (over 700 dollars of damage) and this would have taken a good bit of time and tools. Upon discussing the incident with the stand in manager and have the parking attendants confirm when they were there the stand in manager said as we left the property for 5 hours before we noticed it, it may not of happened at thier property but I explained as am in a wheelchair I only got out of the car once for 10 mins and was parked directly in front of the shop I went and there was no way to remove those lights in that time frame. He took no responsibility and said they would raise an incident report and to report it to my insurance even though it happened on thier property. The lack of any apology and a complete indifference to the issue from the manager was very fustrating, I had to make the suggestion to call the GM who didn't answer and i had to call once he returned and the police. The whole affair left a bad taste in my mouth. I did finally get a call from thier insurance company and received compensation but the whole affair could have been handled with a lot more tack on thier part.
The working staff were great in the restaurant, bell men / parking attendants and bar.
The hotel is "historic" or in my terms old fashion / dated if you like that sort of thing.
Food was very good but dated and the menu is limited we ate once in the restaurant and once in the bar and had exhausted most choices by then.
All in all an okay hotel, dated or historic depending on how you look at it but poor management or procedures if the GM is away just a fustrating stay with a blank look and no apology
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes a hotel truly special?Prestige? Romance? Luxury? As a four diamond Colorado Springs Hotel, these attributes are very important, and we have each of them in abundance, but none of them matter as much as... the stories. The stories that are started here, by brides and grooms celebrating their weddings. The stories that are commemorated here, when couples choose us for their anniversaries. The stories that are shared here, when family vacations become unforgettable memories. Our stories really do matter: they define who we are. You see, as the premier historic hotel of the Greater Colorado Springs area, our history is forever intertwined with what we are today. In fact, The Cliff House is older than the State of Colorado itself! And just like your story, we have had our ups and downs: we have played host to famous dignitaries, and we have been a barracks for soldiers. Later floods and fires have even threatened our hotel's very existence. But, just like you, we've persevered. After our extensive remodel and grand re-opening in 1999, we quickly proved that The Cliff House is once again one of Colorado's finest luxury hotels. Nestled at the foot of majestic Pikes Peak, we've managed to keep all the trappings of Victorian elegance and luxury and also become a leader in innovative room features with state-of-the-art technology. Since 2001, we've consecutively received the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for both the hotel and our dining room. Our dining room has also received the DiRoNa Award, and Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, every year. From our world-class fine dining, our amazing rooms, personalized service, our fun new bar and grill, to the limitless experiences and activities Manitou Springs has to offer: we are confident that you will love your stay here... and what a story you'll have to tell! We're proud of our history. Come share yours with us! We're within ten minutes of downtown Colorado Springs, but (rest assured) a world away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Cliff House at Pikes Peak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff House At Pikes Peak Hotel Manitou Springs
- Cliff Hotel Manitou Springs