“Very Friendly Staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Pikes Peak RV Park & Campground
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Pikes Peak RV Park greeted us like they truly appreciated our business. The park was clean and well maintained and Becky even called after we parked our trailer to make sure that we had everything we needed. We felt that our comfort was her primary concern. We were within walking distance of the shops and attractions in Manitou and had a very pleasant stay. Thank you for making us feel welcome.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela T

Reviewed 10 October 2013

You can't go wrong at Pike's Peak RV & Campground. We made a reservation, fortunately because they were full when we pulled in the evening of 9/21.

The staff was friendly and always there with a smile and an offer of help if needed.

The restrooms were very clean.

We stayed a couple of extra days because we liked it so much.

You can't go wrong with these kind, helpful folks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank bhauxwell
Reviewed 16 September 2013

this was our 3rd trip to this rv park, even though we were evacuated times from the flooding, the staff at this park was the greatest ever. from intering the park till we left, the staff was always there for us. we are looking forward to next year. again the park and staff are the greatest. john an shirley mcgee from azle, tx.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john m
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We showed up here unexpectedly as a stop along our road trip, hoping they'd have room for us. Right as we crossed the bridge into the camp site, we were greeted by someone who was exceptionally friendly and very helpful. Fortunately for us, despite being very full, they found a place for us. The people here were more interested in getting us settled first before getting payment from us, which was a refreshing change. Most campgrounds have friendly people, but by far, the people who work here are the friendliest we've met yet and they're very helpful. They do more than just take your money and tell you where to park for the night. They walked with us to our site and helped us park and get set up. The campground itself is located along a major roadway into historic Manitou Springs, so it does get a bit noisy with all the traffic. However, the campsite more than compensates with the creek running between the road and the campsite and the many trees surrounding the area. Having said that, the location can't be beat. The campsite is minutes from a highway, many tourist attractions and Manitou Spring's historic downtown, so there's lots to do. The only real complaint I might have is that the sites are very close together.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Deb C
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Had a reservation for Monday August 12th for 7 days this campground was hit hard by the flooding and was closed. I was told by the owners Saturday August 10 that I could cancel with no penalty I told them I would wait and see if they were able to recover and was able to extend my stay a couple of days in Loveland Colorado. On Monday another mudslide and another death changed our mind on staying there plus the threat of disease from the flooding. I called to let them know we were not going to camp there and was told I would be charged my deposit. WHAT CHANGED? Don't believe what Margie tells you on the phone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank meroadking
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We arrived after the office was closed and found an envelope taped to the office window telling us what number to call and they would help get is signed in and parked. They arrived quickly and before I could get the paperwork done they had my husband parked and the trailer almost set up. The setting was beautiful as we were right up against the stream. When we checked in they gave me a briefing and a paper describing the evacuation process in case of a flash flood. Earlier in July they had a flood and the water came up but did not go over the banks. They showed two possible evacuation locations. I really appreciated the time they took to cover the information instead of just placing a paper in the packet assuming we would read it. Our first night was wonderful listening to the stream was very relaxing. There was some road noise but as the night went on that died off. The next day we had very hot showers and the bathrooms were very clean. We left for the day to go sight seeing and came back around 2 pm to rest and left again around 5p. When we were in Colorado Springs we saw a storm approaching so we turned on the radio and heard there was a flash flood warning for Manitou Springs. We immediately headed to the Pikes Peak RV park to check our camper. When we arrived the flood had already started. The owners met us at the bridge and told us it was not safe to go into the campground and move our camper. They were totally correct within minutes the stream was a raging flash flood. We evacuated to the closest evacuation location that was only a few blocks away. After about an hour we went back to find the water still raging but was going down. Our little Jayco pop up survived the ordeal but was covered in mud. The flood should have carried it away but by the grace of God it stayed. We could tell the office had been heavily impacted by the flood as well. The owners were not concerned about their property they were quick to help us and the other occupants. Their priority to their patrons was amazing. I read they had to close down for a few days to clean up as much of the community did as well. I will make it a point to come back and visit this park. I am forever grateful to their dedication to safety and professionalism. From the time we arrived to the time we left because of the flash flood I knew they cared about their patrons. The location was perfect to base out of for sight seeing. I highly recommend this location.

Room Tip: The sites by the creek have some road noise so you might check out a site at the back of the park.