“Mixed feelings”

Price range: US$8 - US$26
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: betw. Navajo ave. and Ruxton ave.
Description: 100% GLUTEN FREE and multiple award winners in several categories. It's hard to believe that our offerings are GF. A groovy atmosphere, cocktails, warm relaxed environment and yet family friendly.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My first visit to this establishment was for breakfast with my friend after we hiked the incline. We both had coffees and a small breakfast. The server was friendly and was happy to give a recommendation. We ate our food, it was good and we left saying that we could return again. My second visit with family from out of town was not so pleasant. We had a group of nine (five adults, four children) and just wanted to stop in for crepes and coffee. We understand that this place is small and didn't want them to have to move tables around. It wasn't too terribly busy. We let them know that we didn't want to cause a commotion and we could sit at two different tables. Still willing to pay the 18% gratuity for a group of six or more even though we would be broken up at two tables.The woman seating us was not amused by this suggestion as she huffed and did an eye roll as she called for another waiter. The new waiter didn't have a problem with this, he sat the adults at one table and the four kids at the table right next to us. Drinks came fast for both tables. He came back for our order, everyone ordered crepes except my youngest wanted a vanilla cupcake. I looked at the cupcakes in the case, not all of them were labeled, so i asked if he had anything vanilla and all I got was what we have is in the case and then silence. Now, maybe I was still a little peeved at the first waitress and her attitude but I thought his comment was rude and not helpful at all. He could have said this is what we have, and name them really quick, I am sure he knew what the names and flavors were. I finally said anything either vanilla or chocolate will do and he brought a chocolate mousse cupcake. It took nearly 35 minutes for the rest of us to get our crepes. I am not sure if they pre make their crepes in the morning or not but we saw the cook taking pre made crepes from a stack with waxed paper in between. Not sure what took so long, I've lived in Europe where they can make any crepe you desire in front of you from batter to finished product in less than a minute and much cheaper. Im not saying it was a bad crepe, it was ok but it took a long time. At the end of our meal we got the check and he forgot to break it up as we had asked in the beginning as we ordered, which he was ok with as well. My brother in law a waiter for 15 years opted to pay for the entire meal so we didn't create anymore issues. The check did not include the 18% gratuity but my brother in law paid 20% anyways even though he thought service was lacking. Had it been me, it probably would have been less. Perhaps they should be a little more welcoming to their customers.

• Visited January 2014

sarasota
“This Can't be Gluten Free”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were visiting Manitou Springs for the day and chose to stop by Coquettes for lunch. What a wonderful experience. Our server was very knowledgeable! My husband and son had the Farmer Crepe, My other son had the Tula Crepe and I had the chicken pot pie. The only disappointment was that they had just run out of their fried chicken--one of their most popular dishes. The crust on the pot pie was flaky and delicious. After our very filling lunch we had to take part in their desserts. Yummy!! We had two chocolate cream cheese cupcakes, 1 red velvet and 3 eclairs. I wish I lived locally--if I did I would gain pounds upon pounds. All I can say is that gluten free or not everyone should partake in this wonderful culinary experience. Without a doubt should I have the luxury of visiting Manitou Springs again-Coquettes will be revisited.

• Visited December 2013
Woodland Park, Colorado
“A palace for visitors with Gluten allergies”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Have visited this restaurant many times since I was first referred to it by a friend. We had a very closes friend from Chicago who has experienced terrible symptoms due to Gluten since 2000. When ever we get together we have to be very careful to find anything that she can indulge in that is also has a good menu for the whole family. Everything in the place is "gluten free".......EVERYTHING.....and it's all made with love.....Great breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
Since then we've been there with many friends and those we work with.....For Christmas Eve dinner we ordered Gluten Free Mint Chocolate layer cake to go.....It was like a heavenly treat for all.....don't miss this place....great place to chat and "people watch" in that quaint little village. There is some "Scuttle Butt" that they are moving to downtown Colorado Springs.....whatever you decide....please don't leave us....

• Visited December 2013
Padua, Italy
“Nothing special ”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Just a place where eating something good but not excellent. Moreover they forget my apple juice and neglect to make me use the Internet connection. Many other good place in Manitou.

los angeles
“Best gluten free menu EVER”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I'm gluten, dairy and soy intolerant and I have such a hard time finding flavorful food at restaurants. When you normally feel like a freak at other restaurants...this one doesn't just accept the idea of gf food but creates amazing dishes in turn to make it the norm. Flavorful and full of choices I usually never get...I tried the Cajun shrimp crepes, the burgers, and monte cristo crepe...all gluten free. AMAZING. I've been here several times now and highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2013