“Yummy”

Pikes Peak Chocolate and Ice Cream
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We love making sweet things. Our home-made ice cream has been voted the best year after year and our hand-made chocolates and sweets are created with such care and attention they have gained a local and national following. Along with old-fashioned chocolate favorites, a truly decadent line of truffles, espresso drinks, and funky gifts, we also have a friendly team just waiting to "sweeten your day!"
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
“Yummy”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Indulge in some very creamy, delicious ice cream. I had the butter pecan which was great. We also had a very friendly lady who served us. Enjoyed our visit.

• Visited July 2014

Port Alberni, Canada
“Delicious Ice Cream but Really Small Portions”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We went to get ice cream here because it had been reviewed well and had won awards. The ice cream did not disappoint -- the coconut almond delight was incredible. However I had a double scoop waffle cone, and everywhere else I've ordered a double scoop, the first scoop is so large it almost fills the cone, and the second scoop perches precariously on top. Not so here. The first scoop wasn't even a full scoop, and the second scoop barely made it to the top of the cone. I wouldn't have a problem with this if they charged less, but for over $9 I expect my cone to be overflowing! The ice cream is great, but be prepared to be short-changed.

Visited July 2014
Stuart, Florida
“Excellent ice cream.. Espresso good but not hot”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

They make a rich and creamy homemade ice cream and weigh it to make sure you get a full scoop. Busy both times we were there. Have espresso, it was ok. Cafe latte was excellent.

• Visited June 2014
Austin, TX
“Great ice cream, great iced latte”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went back twice, shame on us. In a tourist town full of bad food and bad service, they seem to actually care. Prompt courteous servers, wonderful ice cream, and the best iced latte.

Visited June 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“LOVE-LOVE-LOVE this place ...they even allow my dog to come in & get a freebie treat!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

They have excellent fudge & ice cream. It's a tiny ma&pa shop, but really nice & very friendly staff. I love the fact that you can walk right off the street with your dog (on a leash) and they offer a freebie treat for your dog & water if necessary. They also sell doggie treats that have some kind of yogurt that's safe for them. My dog is always happy to oblige! ;-) For me ...I'm a fudge fanatic and I tent to keep spare change on me when I walk by so I can stop in & grab a small chunk of fudge ...all reasonably priced. They even have some unusual sodas. A little higher priced, but if you're craving something sweet & different you can at least try them. However, come in for their sweet treats ...that's where you'll just "melt"! Enjoy! ;-)

Visited April 2014
David T, Owner at Pikes Peak Chocolate and Ice Cream, responded to this review, 10 January 2016
Thank you for the nice review Deb. So sorry it took awhile to reply. Hope to see you again soon! - David