“Loved it, the owners were so gracious. I want to return!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Green Willow Motel Cottages
Columbia, Missouri
“Loved it, the owners were so gracious. I want to return!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I went to Colorado Springs for a military reunion last week, and planned to spend our vacation at Green Willow Motel Cabins. I had expressed concern over the lack of air conditioning but we later deciding that normal Colorado Springs weather would be enough for comfort, especially with the usual cool evenings and night. Unfortunately, we've gotten so used to air conditioning in mid-Missouri, the abnormal heat wave during our visit did not permit the cabin to cool enough for us to be comfortable. The owners could not have been more gracious and understanding when we explained our need to find air-conditioned lodging, and we very reluctantly moved out. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the cabin, the tranquility of the whole resort. Most especially, the kindness and understanding of the owners was exceptional The military reunion group plans to return to Colorado Springs in 5 years, so I'm sure we'll be back. If the weather will cooperate (no more abnormal heat wave!), I want to come back to Green Willow Motel Cabins. Since I can't handle any kind of heat, I didn't get to enjoy the creek on the property, nor sitting in the pavillion on the glider enjoying the view of the mountains, but I hope to do these things next time. I highly recommend Green Willow Motel Cottages. I think you'll love them.

Room Tip: Rooms arae cozy, if you can, choose a 1 bedroom cabin for room to spread out.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 255Love2travel

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We just had our family reunion at Green Willow. We took over the whole place and Teri and Evie are the best!!! Even when we had our family "Olympics" and 2 of our adult family members ended up in the ER 30 minutes apart (from the water balloon toss and color crayon hunt), Teri was right there with EVERYTHING we needed! LOL... I am simply amazed at how well run this place is! If you are looking for posh accommodations, you won't find it here. But you will find cozy and comfortable. I would suggest the rooms with the kitchen, especially if you plan on doing any cooking. Luckily, we had it all, so we didn't have to worry about it. But it's a great, affordable place for larger families that don't mind "sharing" their space.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a kitchen if you like to cook meals. Otherwise, the beds are very comfortable fo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Terri1026
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Our parents have visited every summer for over 10 years - they insisted on bringing entire family this year. We had an exceptional time! Teri and Evie made us feel welcome and treated us like we were a part of their family. The cabins are charming, quiet, and comfortable! Green Willow is located right in Manitou - central to all of the local tourist attractions & hiking, climbing trails for active kids and families!

Room Tip: I would recommend calling them and letting them know how many are in your party - each cottage is ve...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

We first stayed here in 2005 with our (then) 14 year old daughter, and our (then) 4 year old daughter. It was such a wonderful time, that we are taking our (now) 11 year old and (new) 4 year old. The family that owns this lovely place is really fantastic. They made us feel at home. We will visit again, and again!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth M
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

We just happened on this place and love it. The owners are so nice and friendly. The cottages are adorable and clean. So peaceful and lots of wildlife to see. Stream right outside our door. I highly recommend this place to people who like to step back time and go a slower pace.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Phyllis F
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Stayed just one night at the Green Willow Motel in Manitou Springs, CO. This was an unplanned stop on a much longer trip. We were just looking for nice, non-chain accommodations for a reasonable price. This place definitely fit the bill. Our cabin was just two rooms, a bedroom and a bathroom. It had a nice little front porch and access to a beautiful sitting area right next to the mountain stream with picnic tables and grills.

All of the restaurants and shops of Manitou Springs are only a few blocks away. If we ever return to Manitou Springs, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Bonus: deer are plentiful in the area and you should not be surprised if you see some crossing the road.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family