“Treated like family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Manitou Inn & Suites at Pikes Peak
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Treated like family”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Thank you so much Sarge, Andy and Lauren! You truly made my family and I feel welcome and you always went the extra mile for us!
We stayed for a whole month here and never had any complaints or any issues that the staff wasn't willing to address for us immediately.
Great place to stay!!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank AkFossill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

stay somewhere else unless you want the drama of payton place. the maid is nosy and the hotel police, she resides there and make it her business to know everybody elses business. The gossip is pervasive.. My vehicle was broken into. The rest of the staff seems to run this place as a halfway house. we stayed for Chrismas new years and it was run totally unprofessional. It was not a hotel but your neighborhood crack corner. we put up with it as we were told no refunds. I would advise other location for your vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jack s

Travellers are raving about these Manitou Springs hotels

Colorado
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is an economical motel with a great location. Less than a mile from the heart of Manitou Springs, across from a nice little park, with a bit of creek.

Many of the guests are weekly rentals, sightseeing, job-hunting, relocating or just house-hunting. Everyone is friendly, and the Management attentive. I agree with the reviewer who said if you're looking for a 5 star experience, look further. But for people on a budget who are looking for a pet friendly place for a little while, you've found it.

Sarge, the manager, doesn't tolerate people who treat the hotel badly, and can't manage the simple safety rules the hotel requires. He has a great relationship with the guests and the police (the hotel is in a safe place, and the police patrol all of Manitou Springs routinely). Manitou has a reputation for a hippie-style vibe, is a little artsy, and has a lot of free spirits living there. Lots of tourists, bikers, retired folks are on the streets all hours of the day. Its a very live and let live kinda place. Manitou Inn and Suites is, too. But not at the expense of the other guests. Some people don't get that. "Candace" and "Kailie" sound like those people.

So, I agree with "MrsP Army Wife". Stop by, and check it out....Sarge and Angela will be there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MbeanColorado
Manitou Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was staying there with two other friends. I work the 3:30- Midnight shift. When I got out of work, I had text messages saying they got kicked out. I was never evicted properly. They had all of MY belongings in their car. I felt that it was very improper of the staff. They told them to either pack MY belongings or the cops were going to come and take it. "Sarge", the general manager is completely unprofessional. We have seen him go off on many other guests and kick them out. "Angela" the hotel staff, said Sarge gets so mad to were he gets violent. Which we have also seen. We had guests over, they said it wasn't a homeless hangout and kicked all our of guests out. RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM!! None of those guest were homeless. All of them have jobs. The one person that the picked out specifically is a millionaire for the rest of HIS LIFE because of a settlement!! The hotel staff is unprofessional, cruel, and violent. I would NOT stay here!!! The bathroom roof leaks on you when your showering and its some red color. The place smells. Junkies. Kids running around the halls ALL THE TIME!!! Horrible place!! STAY AWAY!!

Room Tip: EL COLORADO LODGE. 30 bucks more!! Nicer staff, cleaner, bigger places WITH KITCHENS!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kailie M
SD
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Over the past year or so, my husband has frequently stayed here while stationed in Colorado Springs; I stayed with him for most of the summer (sometimes two of us, sometimes four...plus our dog) and we couldn't have been happier. The weekly rate was stellar, especially to have a fridge and microwave in the room...the staff is out of this world incredible...and the location is unbeatable! We've stayed in several of the rooms, and can personally say that those managing the hotel have done an incredible job upgrading and improving the rooms as time has passed.

If you're looking for a five-star resort, keep looking. But if you're looking for an affordable hotel in an incredible location, look no further!! My husband will soon be transferring, but Manitou Inn and Suites will always be our first choice when coming back to the area.

PS - Thank you to Kevin and Angela for always making us feel welcome and making sure we were taken care of...hopefully our next home away from home will be able to live up to the standards you set! :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsP_ArmyWife
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 14 July 2013

As soon as you walked into the room, you can smell urine. Human urine, not pet's. Pool is dirty small and cold. Sheets dirty. Blankets dirty. Floor dirty. Bath tub filthy. Management Awful!!! My husband and have low standards and are not picky, but staying here was the worst experience possible. We had forgotten our child's favorite night time toy that he's used since birth. We realized we had forgotten it there when we needed it the next night. I had called to try and retrieve it and they had told me that it was not there. I explained how important it was for and how he has not been able to sleep since then. Or at least tried to. The woman on the phone refused to let me speak and continued to talk over me. I asked her to please let me complete one sentence and she would not then accused me of misplacing it and insisting it was my fault and then HUNG UP ON ME. I've never dealt with some one so rude in my entire life. Before she hung on me I even asked if I could speak to the owner, she refused to let me speak with him because they did not have it. This place low class, low class, LOW CLASS. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. FILTHY, SMELLS BAD, OLD, WORST STAFF EVER!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Candace M
Burlington, Indiana
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

My husband, 3 kids and I stayed here for one night (thankfully), and I seriously regret booking this room. It was the weekend of the hill climb so this was my last resort as we wanted to be close to Garden of the Gods and Cave of the Winds. All other hotels were booked.
The one nice thing I can say about this place is that the woman at the front desk was very friendly. That's where my positive comments end.
The place is falling apart and very dirty overall. We have a 10 month old that had dirty feet and hands from crawling on the floors. Yuck!! It looked like she had crawled across a blacktop.
I wanted a hotel with a pool to entertain the kids but their pool was ice cold and we only stayed out there for less than 5 min.
I think the best part (sarcasm) was the extra towels we got as we were only given 2 and have 5 in our family. Two of the towels had holes... HUGE holes!!! The other three were just gross.
Finally, I think it should be noted that there are people living in this hotel. I'm not adding this last bit because there is anything wrong with this, but because it caught me off guard. A little girl stopped me in the hotel and asked if we just moved in!
If you really need a place to stay, just keep in mind this is as bare bones as you can get...

• Stayed July 2013
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado Springs South AP
La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado ...
#21 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Motel
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Mo...
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Silver Saddle Motel
Silver Saddle Motel
#8 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Manitou Inn & Suites at Pikes Peak? Share your experiences!