“Great experience...highly recommended!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Manitou Inn & Suites at Pikes Peak
Yorkville, Illinois
“Great experience...highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have traveled all over the U.S. and I have stayed in many hotels. The Manitou Inn and Suites is a friendly, well managed, low cost hotel. I stayed there from January-May of 2014. There are some very simple common sense rules in order to maintain a pleasant atmosphere. My 2 German Shepherd dogs and I loved every moment we were there. If you go there to get drunk and stupid, do illegal drugs, smoke in the rooms, argue with the hard working staff (they do put up with a lot of stupid things), ruin the stay of other guests or just think your poop doesn't stink and you don't have to follow the simple rules...then find another hotel. I would stay there again and again and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Christopher F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Thank you so much Sarge, Andy and Lauren! You truly made my family and I feel welcome and you always went the extra mile for us!
We stayed for a whole month here and never had any complaints or any issues that the staff wasn't willing to address for us immediately.
Great place to stay!!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank AkFossill
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

stay somewhere else unless you want the drama of payton place. the maid is nosy and the hotel police, she resides there and make it her business to know everybody elses business. The gossip is pervasive.. My vehicle was broken into. The rest of the staff seems to run this place as a halfway house. we stayed for Chrismas new years and it was run totally unprofessional. It was not a hotel but your neighborhood crack corner. we put up with it as we were told no refunds. I would advise other location for your vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jack s

Travellers are raving about these Manitou Springs hotels

Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is an economical motel with a great location. Less than a mile from the heart of Manitou Springs, across from a nice little park, with a bit of creek.

Many of the guests are weekly rentals, sightseeing, job-hunting, relocating or just house-hunting. Everyone is friendly, and the Management attentive. I agree with the reviewer who said if you're looking for a 5 star experience, look further. But for people on a budget who are looking for a pet friendly place for a little while, you've found it.

Sarge, the manager, doesn't tolerate people who treat the hotel badly, and can't manage the simple safety rules the hotel requires. He has a great relationship with the guests and the police (the hotel is in a safe place, and the police patrol all of Manitou Springs routinely). Manitou has a reputation for a hippie-style vibe, is a little artsy, and has a lot of free spirits living there. Lots of tourists, bikers, retired folks are on the streets all hours of the day. Its a very live and let live kinda place. Manitou Inn and Suites is, too. But not at the expense of the other guests. Some people don't get that. "Candace" and "Kailie" sound like those people.

So, I agree with "MrsP Army Wife". Stop by, and check it out....Sarge and Angela will be there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MbeanColorado
Manitou Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was staying there with two other friends. I work the 3:30- Midnight shift. When I got out of work, I had text messages saying they got kicked out. I was never evicted properly. They had all of MY belongings in their car. I felt that it was very improper of the staff. They told them to either pack MY belongings or the cops were going to come and take it. "Sarge", the general manager is completely unprofessional. We have seen him go off on many other guests and kick them out. "Angela" the hotel staff, said Sarge gets so mad to were he gets violent. Which we have also seen. We had guests over, they said it wasn't a homeless hangout and kicked all our of guests out. RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM!! None of those guest were homeless. All of them have jobs. The one person that the picked out specifically is a millionaire for the rest of HIS LIFE because of a settlement!! The hotel staff is unprofessional, cruel, and violent. I would NOT stay here!!! The bathroom roof leaks on you when your showering and its some red color. The place smells. Junkies. Kids running around the halls ALL THE TIME!!! Horrible place!! STAY AWAY!!

Room Tip: EL COLORADO LODGE. 30 bucks more!! Nicer staff, cleaner, bigger places WITH KITCHENS!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kailie M
SD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Over the past year or so, my husband has frequently stayed here while stationed in Colorado Springs; I stayed with him for most of the summer (sometimes two of us, sometimes four...plus our dog) and we couldn't have been happier. The weekly rate was stellar, especially to have a fridge and microwave in the room...the staff is out of this world incredible...and the location is unbeatable! We've stayed in several of the rooms, and can personally say that those managing the hotel have done an incredible job upgrading and improving the rooms as time has passed.

If you're looking for a five-star resort, keep looking. But if you're looking for an affordable hotel in an incredible location, look no further!! My husband will soon be transferring, but Manitou Inn and Suites will always be our first choice when coming back to the area.

PS - Thank you to Kevin and Angela for always making us feel welcome and making sure we were taken care of...hopefully our next home away from home will be able to live up to the standards you set! :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsP_ArmyWife
Littleton, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

As soon as you walked into the room, you can smell urine. Human urine, not pet's. Pool is dirty small and cold. Sheets dirty. Blankets dirty. Floor dirty. Bath tub filthy. Management Awful!!! My husband and have low standards and are not picky, but staying here was the worst experience possible. We had forgotten our child's favorite night time toy that he's used since birth. We realized we had forgotten it there when we needed it the next night. I had called to try and retrieve it and they had told me that it was not there. I explained how important it was for and how he has not been able to sleep since then. Or at least tried to. The woman on the phone refused to let me speak and continued to talk over me. I asked her to please let me complete one sentence and she would not then accused me of misplacing it and insisting it was my fault and then HUNG UP ON ME. I've never dealt with some one so rude in my entire life. Before she hung on me I even asked if I could speak to the owner, she refused to let me speak with him because they did not have it. This place low class, low class, LOW CLASS. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. FILTHY, SMELLS BAD, OLD, WORST STAFF EVER!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Candace M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitou Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado Springs South AP
La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado ...
#24 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs Extended Stay Hotel
Colorado Springs Extended Stay H...
#74 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area
Comfort Inn North - Air Force Ac...
#51 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Manitou Inn & Suites at Pikes Peak? Share your experiences!