“Good Time.”
Review of El Colorado Lodge

El Colorado Lodge
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We recently stayed at this facility and found the accomodations to be very adequate. This is not a place that is full of frills but is well suited for those that just need a place to land for the evening while playing during the day. It was clean. The pool was very nice and heated. The staff was friendly and prrsonable. The staff had occasion to exercise their generosity and character in dealing with a problem that was not of their origin and came away with high marks. I would recommend this facility if you are planning on just using it as a base for your activities.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 June 2012

I reserved a two room cabin with kitchenette based off their website description. Was frustrated there were few interior pictures on their website, but had a feeling it would be okay.

Upon checking in, the room was hot and smelled of urine. The carpet was dirty looking and worn. The kitchenette was so outdated that it looked unclean. There were two tiny rooms and one had a TV over the pillows on the bed. My son said he was scared to sleep under a TV. The bedspreads looked to be at least 20 years old and did I mention the urine smell? I opened the worlds smallest closet and the musty old smell almost knocked me over.

I went outside to call around to find another hotel and the three year old Days inn up the street had room for the same price as El Colorado. In the time it took me to call, both my kids had bugs fall on them inside the room. We ended up leaving and going down the road to a new, wonderful hotel, but we felt like we couldn't get the "dirty" feel off of us.

When leaving, the front desk was very kind and apologetic but told me the room was per friendly. That means people let their animals stay there and stink up the place. Make sure you can handle animal smell if you stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank OutAndAbout091974
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

These Historic cabins were built in 1926. If you prefer modern accommodations, you may want to go to a new chain. Half of our cabins are pet friendly. Keep this in mind when choosing your cabin. New bedspreads are in all of the cabins. We change them out in May. The size of the mentioned cabin is 360 sq ft. The rooms are not tiny. We have larger cabins as well. These cabins are exterminated for bugs. When visitors are not satisfied with a particular cabin, we have other units with different configurations. In this case, the guest did not indicate anything was wrong except she had allergies and needed a full kitchen. I was able to identify the guest since she was the only one this season who chose not to stay. She was very cordial. The problem with not notifying us of a problem, is how are we going take care of it? We know that pets occasionally have odors, but we love them and so do our guests. We have the largest outdoor heated pool in Manitou, children's playground, volleyball court, horseshoes, schufflleboard, basketball hoop and occupy nearly four acres of land with a picturesque view of Pikes Peak. The prices reflect the amenities.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

The beds suck and the AC doesnt keep the room cool. The website makes it sound good but there is much better places to stay for the same money.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank plumbersbutt
Reviewed 18 November 2011

My husband and I came to colorado on short notice and we stayed at El Colorado Lodge. We were in Cabin 6 and it was literally home away from home. It was a very clean two bedroom cabin with one bathroom and a kitchenette, fully furnished with silverware pots pans plates. The fireplace in the evening was wonderful spending time with my husband. My father, who is disabled was also with us and we had our privacy but the ability to enjoy the area. It's centrally located in beautiful Manitou springs, it was not unusual for deer to graze in the front yard where we were staying with the occasional bear or two strolling through. The staff is INCREDIBLY friendly and really professional. If something was needed whether it be day or night they were there to help. My husband and I now we live here in the area, and we go there to stay on romantic evenings for the fireplace or the special events there in Manitou, I suggest this to anyone who is looking for a one or two night stay or even up to a week... The hottub on cool evenings is also quite a perk. Fresh linens daily crisp and always clean. It was very quiet place to stay, there was no riff raff at all, the other guests were incredibly polite... The views are absolutely stunning and breath taking sunset over pikes peak is something truly unforgettable. I have nothing but praises to sing about this place and I look forward to staying there again!

Room Tip: All their rooms are incredibly private with individual cabins set as single or duplex but they'r...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We had checked into a different motel, but had to leave as it was dirty ...

We called and asked if they allowed pets, which they do! They told me they had a place available too!

We checked into #28 a large stand alone cabin with a king bed plus (a futon which looked a bit soiled) however we only need the bed for one night!

Tastefully decorated, and I enjoyed the fire!

Fairly Quiet too with the heater going, lots of bed pillows, a nice environment to spend the afternoon and evening

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We came into Manitou Springs on a whim, needing a place to stay. The charm of the lodge from the street is what had us stop here, and I'm glad we did!
The staff is super friendly and respects their guests privacy, which I love. The place is set up with individual cabins, most with fireplaces and kitchenettes.
Would recommend to anyone coming to beautiful Manitou Springs!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Three friends and I stayed here one night as part of a Book Club get-away. We stayed in Cabin #2. The most positive thing I can say is that the two bathrooms were clean. All three bedspreads had stains on them. The futon was very soiled, as were the dining chairs around the table. The dishes in the cabinet all looked like they needed to be washed. We used the glasses there - after washing them. The heating/cooling unit was directly over one of the beds - and so very noisy. I can't believe this facility has a AAA rating.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 104 in Colorado Springs
4 mi away
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Magnuson Grand Pikes Peak
Magnuson Grand Pikes Peak
#4 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to El Colorado Lodge? Share your experiences!