“The ambience is wonderful but the food isn't that good.”
Review of Balanced Rock Cafe

Balanced Rock Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Excellent buffalo burgers and a varied menu including salads and sandwiches. Also a "coffee corner" featuring Starbucks coffee.
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We went to the cafe today. We first went gemstone mining with kids. I brought my 2 year old boy. He wasn't that excited about it but a lot of the older kids 3 and up were. Plus the outdoor patio is really pretty. The kids all had a lot of fun running around outside. The menu looked wonderful and I was so excited to try the buffalo cheese burger. I got it and was surprised to see what it looked like. The fries looked like they had been under a heat lamp for 20 minutes and pretty hard. The burger looked like something at McDonalds. So the food wasn't awful but it wasn't that great either. For $8.50 I would rather go some place else. You order cafeteria style and the staff was really nice and quick. So if you want mediocre quick food but it does have a fun atmosphere this is the place.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

This is one of the WORST places I have ever eaten at or been to. The service is mediocre, the food is overpriced and not even that good. The kitchen did not look up to par as far as health code regulations go, it looked really dirty. I highly recommend going somewhere else in Manitou Springs for lunch if you plan on visiting the Garden of the Gods Park.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

This little cafe is located inside the Garden of the Gods Trading Post. I had the Ultimate Buffalo Burger and it was terrific. Unfortunatetly, that's all I had but everything else looked very good as well. The price was very reasonable and the atmosphere was very pleasant. It is counter servcie but they do bring your food to your table. They have snacks like soft pretzels if you don't want a whole meal. Now, I went on a weekday so I can't comment on how it would be on the weekend, but it was very nice, quiet and pleasant. The staff, both from the cafe, the adjacent little coffee shop (which served Star Bucks coffee and Blue Bell ice cream), and the Trading Post gift shop were extremely pleasant and helpful. I really could've almost mistaken them for southerners in how polite they all were. The Trading Post also sold fudge and considering how glutonous I must sound, i did buy some and it was extremely good. I highly recommend a visit to the Cafe and the Trading Post. A truly pleasing and tasty experience. Of course, the Garden of the Gods is awesome to see and is a must if in the Colorado Springs area.

Under the ratings below, I have listed as "excellent" for the bar scene. For some reason it would not uncheck. There is no Bar Scene at this establishment, that I"m aware of....

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Nice place to stop for lunch when you are visiting the Garden of the Gods. Buffalo burgers are great. Nice place to seat outside, but not in winter, though. Counter service.

1  Thank LuarYon
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stopped here for lunch after a hot and crowded hike in beautiful Garden of the Gods. We ordered a burger and a sandwich at the counter and found a quiet table outside on the lovely patio. It was serene, cool, and breezy...just what we needed after our hike. The food arrived in good time and was fresh and tasty. This was a much nicer experience than I anticipated from a gift shop cafe. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Semele08