“Good food at a good price!”

UNCLE Sam's Pancake House
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
South Park, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good food at a good price!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had the eggs and pancakes special and the food was served quickly, delicious, and reasonably priced. Waitstaff was friendly and like a home town diner/restuarant should be like.

Visited September 2013

Sterling, Virginia
“What's not to like?”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stopped here two days in a row for breakfast while vacationing in Colorado Springs. Menu was huge. We sampled just about everything--the eggs, pancakes and waffles and found each to be delicious. Ordered the cinnamon rolls one day and they were enormous! (That and a glass of juice would be enough breakfast for some.) Service was good--people very friendly.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Luke Warm Eggs and Potatoes... :/”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I wanted to like &support this restaurant - had always wanted to try it. Mom and I went @ 7:30am. Wasn't very busy at that point. Cute inside. We both had had our fill of pancakes etc. (breakfast is our thing when she visits), so we ordered the eggs- hers poached, with hash browns and a biscuit; mine, sunny side up with potatoes and biscuit. I love a nice hot biscuit...BUT everything on my plate came out just barely warm. I asked if they could nuke my plate 10 seconds or so... came back still barely warm (I probably should have spelled out- please make this hot food). One of mom's eggs was poached and she enjoyed that with her potatoes, but then the 2nd one was over cooked so basically hard boiled and she didn't eat it, or the rest of her potatoes. So, while the wait staff was attentive, the coffee decent, and their jam selection nice (blackberry and peach), cold food is cold food. When the restaurant got busier by the time we left, we had to wait for someone to come to register to pay (maybe they were short staffed?). Again, I really wanted to like this place (support Manitou, rest. been there a long time), but it was not a place I'd return to, alas. There are other, better breakfast places around.

• Visited September 2013
Denver, CO
“Best Belgian Waffle Ever - Also, Worst Pancakes Ever”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

What a strange dichotomy! I had a delicious, light and fluffy belgian waffle - honestly the best I have ever had.
My kids were complaining about their pancakes while I was raving about my waffle. It didn't make sense to me that a waffle could be delicious and pancakes horrible at the same restaurant. I gave the kids' pancakes a try and they were honestly the worst I have ever had. All I could taste was batter. Not anything like my waffle.
I don't know what to say about this place. Maybe the pancake chef was just having a bad day, but I'm not going to chance it again.

Brentwood, Tennessee
“Good food. Great service.”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Good basic breakfast eats. Pancakes, eggs, bacon - what's not to like? America themed decor. Friendly wait staff. Quick service, hot food. The fam and I were pleased with our visit. Thanks Uncle Sam!