“Unique Dining and Ambience”
Review of Craftwood Inn

Craftwood Inn
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We went to the Craftwood Inn on the strength of other reviews and we weren't disappointed. Started with the striped beet and shaved fennel salads. Phenomenal. I had the elk, while the wife ordered the striped bass and scallops. The elk was a bit gamey which you would expect, but the flavor was great. The striped bass was terrific, although the portion size was awfully small. About four bites and it was gone. The two scallops that came with it were great. After several drinks and a dessert coffee, the bill came to $154 before coupon. Ambience is wonderful. Love the fireplace. Service was great too.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband and I chose this spot to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and we were thrilled with the choice. Craftwood offers inside or outside dining, so we enjoyed beautiful weather on their patio. The menu features a number of game options. My goat was slow-cooked and super-tender, not a bit strong, with a large portion. My husband's lamb was excellent as well. Service was attentive, and there was a good wine list.

The Craftwood Inn is a short drive outside downtown, and has ample parking. The street is twisty and lacks sidewalks, so I don't recommend walking.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

For special events - anniversary, birthday, etc - this is our go to restaurant in Colorado Springs. In the winter, ask for the table in front of the fireplace, in the summer sit outdoors on the patio and enjoy the gorgeous view. I always look forward to the new menu items - this year was mountain goat - and I'm never disappointed. Knowledgeable staff, great variety of wild game, quiet and peaceful setting. You can't go wrong!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We just dined here over Labor Day weekend and the food, setting and service were exceptional. Steve went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect and that we felt comfortable and welcomed. Best filet mignon I've ever had!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The menu had a lot of wild meat, which was good and different. The only objection was the restaurant, needed updating.