“Downhill fast”
Review of Craftwood Inn

Craftwood Inn
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair
Reviewed 27 December 2013

What the heck happened????? My wife and I had been HUGE fans of Craftwood since we moved out here in July. Several visits including Thanksgiving day (which was great) Anyway went back 12-19 for Birthday celebration (birthday 12-20) was immediately told I could not use the birthday coupon since my birthday wasn't for another 5 hours! No problem, not going to let that spoil the night. Ordered the Foie Gras app which was small but good then came the entrees. I had the wild boar 2 ways the boar shank was WAY overcooked hard on the outside and dry as a bone inside, It had baked apples on the side and when I bit a piece a sizable hunk of aluminum foil got intimate with my metal fillings. The wife had sea bass and scallops, the scallops were good but again the sea bass was cooked to the consistency of a old sneaker. When I brought up the aluminum foil the busboy apologized and the waitress came over and said "looks like you get your birthday meal anyway". No manager, no apology. Is this an off night for the Craftwood? Perhaps. Does the waitsaff need training? Absolutely. Will we go back? Maybe but doubtful.

3  Thank Ampil D

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We went to the Craftwood Inn on the strength of other reviews and we weren't disappointed. Started with the striped beet and shaved fennel salads. Phenomenal. I had the elk, while the wife ordered the striped bass and scallops. The elk was a bit gamey which you would expect, but the flavor was great. The striped bass was terrific, although the portion size was awfully small. About four bites and it was gone. The two scallops that came with it were great. After several drinks and a dessert coffee, the bill came to $154 before coupon. Ambience is wonderful. Love the fireplace. Service was great too.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband and I chose this spot to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and we were thrilled with the choice. Craftwood offers inside or outside dining, so we enjoyed beautiful weather on their patio. The menu features a number of game options. My goat was slow-cooked and super-tender, not a bit strong, with a large portion. My husband's lamb was excellent as well. Service was attentive, and there was a good wine list.

The Craftwood Inn is a short drive outside downtown, and has ample parking. The street is twisty and lacks sidewalks, so I don't recommend walking.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

For special events - anniversary, birthday, etc - this is our go to restaurant in Colorado Springs. In the winter, ask for the table in front of the fireplace, in the summer sit outdoors on the patio and enjoy the gorgeous view. I always look forward to the new menu items - this year was mountain goat - and I'm never disappointed. Knowledgeable staff, great variety of wild game, quiet and peaceful setting. You can't go wrong!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We just dined here over Labor Day weekend and the food, setting and service were exceptional. Steve went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect and that we felt comfortable and welcomed. Best filet mignon I've ever had!