“Very nice Valentine's Day special”
Review of Craftwood Inn

Craftwood Inn
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I wanted to treat my wife to a nice meal for Valentine's Day and the Craftwood Inn delivered.
My wife had the blackened diver scallop, roasted golden beet salad, and the Colorado Striped bass. I ordered the ostrich tataki, Tahitian Vanilla scented lobster bisque, and the red wine braised rabbit. We shared a dessert which consisted of white chocolate mousse, gran marinier truffles, flourless chocolate ganache cake, creme brulee, and nutella powder.
Our server was very attentive to our needs. The level of service is what you would expect from a fine dining establishment.
Highly recommend this place for anyone seeking to have an excellent dining experience.

1  Thank Jason S

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I saw this advertised in the newspaper and immediately made a reservation. We have been twice and have not been disappointed. The event is on Wednesday nights and you must have a reservation. The meal is 3 courses and you don't know what is going to be served until you arrive(so this is not for picky eaters), unless you are on Facebook and then you get hints of what might be served. I don't know how much longer the chef plans to do this but we have decided that it will be our Wednesday date night destination. We have asked EJ (server, sommelier, not sure what his title is) to pair small glasses of wine with each course and he has not let us down. The food has been wonderful both visits and we can't wait to see what's next.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We held a company party at the Craftwood Inn last night. I have to say that the even manager, Bobbie Laluna, and the entire staff that supported our event were superb - professionals all! The appetizers we had during our cocktail hour were wonderful - raves were heard from all on the ostrich, shrimp, smoked salmon, sausages, meat platter, and goat cheese philo cups. Dinner was orchestrated by the Inn and the food was wonderful. This is not an easy task when you have a buffet dinner! Everything was a smashing hit at the Craftwood Inn. I would highly recommend this quaint, gourmet restaurant to anyone who needs a party or wedding venue. Cost was reasonable as well. Definitely will be back and recommend this place to many!!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

What the heck happened????? My wife and I had been HUGE fans of Craftwood since we moved out here in July. Several visits including Thanksgiving day (which was great) Anyway went back 12-19 for Birthday celebration (birthday 12-20) was immediately told I could not use the birthday coupon since my birthday wasn't for another 5 hours! No problem, not going to let that spoil the night. Ordered the Foie Gras app which was small but good then came the entrees. I had the wild boar 2 ways the boar shank was WAY overcooked hard on the outside and dry as a bone inside, It had baked apples on the side and when I bit a piece a sizable hunk of aluminum foil got intimate with my metal fillings. The wife had sea bass and scallops, the scallops were good but again the sea bass was cooked to the consistency of a old sneaker. When I brought up the aluminum foil the busboy apologized and the waitress came over and said "looks like you get your birthday meal anyway". No manager, no apology. Is this an off night for the Craftwood? Perhaps. Does the waitsaff need training? Absolutely. Will we go back? Maybe but doubtful.

3  Thank Ampil D
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We went to the Craftwood Inn on the strength of other reviews and we weren't disappointed. Started with the striped beet and shaved fennel salads. Phenomenal. I had the elk, while the wife ordered the striped bass and scallops. The elk was a bit gamey which you would expect, but the flavor was great. The striped bass was terrific, although the portion size was awfully small. About four bites and it was gone. The two scallops that came with it were great. After several drinks and a dessert coffee, the bill came to $154 before coupon. Ambience is wonderful. Love the fireplace. Service was great too.