All reviews waffles pikes peak room was clean free breakfast great place to stay indoor pool ice machine breakfast area main road historic downtown family vacation free shuttle nice hotel no elevator chain hotels waffle maker parking lot
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Two of us stayed here one night recently and were very pleased with the nice room and decent breakfast for an inexpensive motel. Everything was very clean, beds were comfortable, staff was cordial and helpful. When we arrived there was a rowdy group in the next two rooms, drinking and swearing. We asked to be moved and were immediately relocated to a quiet spot and an upgraded room. We did not use the indoor pool but it looked inviting. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Road noise could be heard, probably from any room, but motel was located on main road in and out of town. It did not disturb our sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here over a dozen times this winter, the beds are always fresh soft and the atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. they have a pool and hot tub, the pool is bath-water warm and the hot tub is hot (102) on average. the owners are super nice and will do anything they can to accommodate you.

Room Tip: floor units stay coolest in summer.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Cole T
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Clean rooms and very helpful staff. If you need something, just ask and they'll do there best to accommodate you. Free wi-fi is a plus for those that have to stay connected when on the go.
Breakfast is a plus. Close to local attractions (pikes peak, garden of the gods, and local shops). Facilities and staff have given this hotel a feel of something more expensive. A real bargain.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ken H
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Owners are super and very accommodating. Know the best places to eat and things to do in the area. Rooms are clean. Beds are comfortable. Pool water is warm :) breakfast included and laundry facility on site. Hotel is in close proximity to all the activities. Definitely would stay here again and again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Being an avid traveler I was on my way through the Rocky Mountains when I stumbled across this gem of a hotel in Manitou Springs, Colorado for a quick rest. The hotel is conveniently located off Highway 24 and when I exited off the highway, the hotel looked like it had just been built. The great location offered easy access to downtown Manitou Springs, as well as the Garden of the Gods, and downtown Colorado Springs. When I entered, I was greeted in a friendly and polite manor. The front desk couple were extremely down to earth and even offered me storage for my skis to free up some space in the vehicle, needless to say I was blown away by the hospitality. The best part of it all was that I got a franchise standard hotel for a rate that was so affordable that even the low budget traveler will feel as if they are in a top brand name hotel. Only thing is, its even better, without the franchise name you get the exact same level of room for a portion of the price. The rooms were kept up to such high standards that I couldn't believe it did not have a big franchise name. I guess thats what allows their rates to be so reasonable. The room was very clean, big, quite, and well cared for. There was ample parking and the entire facility was extremely well kept. Any requests I had were handled in a timely manor and despite being almost full of guests, I always felt like I was being treated like I was the only one there. The gentleman running the front desk was extremely knowledgeable about the city of Manitou as well as the Colorado highways, offering me some great travel advice. His wife also made an incredible continental breakfast that geared me up for the long trip and day that was ahead of me. Having traveled across country and stopping at various hotels on my way, I had to write this review as no stay of mine has been quite as pleasant and comfortable compared to the one I had received while staying at the Magnuson Hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the west have incredible views of Pikes Peak and the ones facing south also have pristine Rocky Mountain views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo