“Close to Manitou”

Red Wing Motel
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Close to Manitou”
Reviewed 30 October 2006

For the budget minded this was a clean and pleasant hotel with helpful staff. We had an extra bed placed in the room for our younger one and as we only spent a few hours there it was perfect and reasonably priced. Off the busy road, so quieter and right next to Garden of the Gods.

• Liked — budget prices in a quite location - felt safe
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Oceankidz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Seneca, Illinois
Reviewed 17 October 2006

Let me start off w/how we got here. My husband and I were going on a road trip through Colorado, from Chicago. He said if we go we need to see Pikes Peak. Manitou Springs jumped out at me on the map. Then I started researching motels (ma & pa type of place). We did not want to stay at chain hotel for the first time in our 25 years together.

When I found the Red Wing Motel on the internet w/the hot tub room, I had to have it. We spent 3 nights here and it was the best part of the trip.

First when I made my reservations they told me I need more than just one night in the area. They were right. They also reserved the room for a week for me and told me I could change it at any time. We decided 3 nights was good. The motel staff was very friendly. Suggestions on resturants were right on. I don't like housekeeping in my room, that was not a problem w/them. The hot tub was great after a day of sight seeing. The motel is on the road to Garden of the Gods and is very quiet. No noise no traffic. It was a very romantic 3 nights in Manitou Springs. The view is GREAT!

We are planning a road trip to Lake Tahoe next summer and are going through Manitou Springs just to stay at the Red Wing Motel.

• Liked — the hot tub, location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of ...
#42 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Motel
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Mo...
#4 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Comfort Inn Manitou Springs
Comfort Inn Manitou Springs
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Red Wing Motel? Share your experiences!