“not just another microbrewery”

Manitou Brewing Company
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“not just another microbrewery”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The food was not like something you would find at a bar or microbrewery. I didn't expect gourmet ... but I found it. The brisket sandwich served with special seasoned fries and also the pork belly tacos ... yummy!
I got a flight of microbrews... and there wasn't one that I didn't like.

Visited September 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Beer worth the bang of your buck, but food menu is somewhat lacking”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

As a reviewer, I know that opinions should be taken with a grain of salt. The reviews for Manitou Brewing Company were only 75 % positive, but that didn't deter my sister and me from stopping in and giving it a try. The atmosphere is very lax, and as there was no hostess station, we assumed it was seat yourself. We confirmed with a waiter and took a seat near the window overlooking their patio. We put in our drink order, my sister choosing their Amber lager, while I stayed with water. We also ordered the pretzel bites as our appetizer, the Pork Belly tacos for me and a house salad with roasted corn, black beans and chicken for my sister. The app came out in due time, and the real star was the white house-made queso, delicately flavored with peppers and onions. It was the kind of delicious that had us scraping out the bottom of the bowl to get at every cheesy bite. Our lunch soon followed. While the tacos I ordered were really more of a tapas-sized portion, my sister's salad was quite substantial. The pork belly, with a tang from the pickled red onion, bacon jam, and spiced creme fraiche was delectable, and had me wishing I could order more!
Prices reflected the downtown location, about 10 $ per item, and I'm not sure if it was the right place for a lunch. But definitely a nice place to unwind with a local craft beer and have a little nibble.

Visited August 2014
“Nice spot for a break”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a brew and appetizers after a long day of hiking. Tried several of the brews brewed here and they were very good. Nice quiet spot with outdoor shade sitting area

Houston, Texas, United States
“Stop in and have a pint”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Great local brewery in Manitou Springs. They serve house brews as well as a nice selection from other breweries. I had the house common as well as their IPA. Both great beers. Also had the bacon blue burger and it was top notch. Service was excellent, definitely recommend this place!

2 Thank CWeber3000
Longmont, Colorado
“Great Beers, food on a lovely patio”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Try the tasting flight! It is a great way to sample all the Manitou beers before you choose a whole glass. They have some fine local beers and great pub food. We really enjoyed the pretzels with homemade queso. Nice way to clear the palate between beers on the tasting flight.

The staff was very friendly and efficient.

Visited August 2014