“Great Lunch!”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Madison, WI
“Great Lunch!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stumbled upon this establishment as we strolled along in downtown Manitou Springs. We went in for lunch because of the subtle but great aroma from the kitchen. Staff offered to have the kitchen split our salad and sandwich prior to serving, and we were delighted. Salad had corn and black beans + a lively creamy dressing. Yummy! Since we are from Wisconsin, we try to patronize local breweries, and this one is a winner.

Mt prospect
“Beer was excellent, bartender friendly”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We did not eat here, but enjoyed a quick stop along our route. Met a few locals and enjoyed some great beers. When we asked about a Raspberry Brew, the bartender quickly poured us a taste and it was refreshing.

Atlanta
“Nice beer, needs a nicer patio!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Very enjoyable beer at this microbrewery just outside Colorado Springs. My group had the Dark Brown, the Stout and the Ale. We sat on the patio because the weather was nice. Very good beers, just wish the patio was larger, basically only wide enough for a single table. We did not have food.

• Visited August 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“not just another microbrewery”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The food was not like something you would find at a bar or microbrewery. I didn't expect gourmet ... but I found it. The brisket sandwich served with special seasoned fries and also the pork belly tacos ... yummy!
I got a flight of microbrews... and there wasn't one that I didn't like.

Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Beer worth the bang of your buck, but food menu is somewhat lacking”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

As a reviewer, I know that opinions should be taken with a grain of salt. The reviews for Manitou Brewing Company were only 75 % positive, but that didn't deter my sister and me from stopping in and giving it a try. The atmosphere is very lax, and as there was no hostess station, we assumed it was seat yourself. We confirmed with a waiter and took a seat near the window overlooking their patio. We put in our drink order, my sister choosing their Amber lager, while I stayed with water. We also ordered the pretzel bites as our appetizer, the Pork Belly tacos for me and a house salad with roasted corn, black beans and chicken for my sister. The app came out in due time, and the real star was the white house-made queso, delicately flavored with peppers and onions. It was the kind of delicious that had us scraping out the bottom of the bowl to get at every cheesy bite. Our lunch soon followed. While the tacos I ordered were really more of a tapas-sized portion, my sister's salad was quite substantial. The pork belly, with a tang from the pickled red onion, bacon jam, and spiced creme fraiche was delectable, and had me wishing I could order more!
Prices reflected the downtown location, about 10 $ per item, and I'm not sure if it was the right place for a lunch. But definitely a nice place to unwind with a local craft beer and have a little nibble.