“Best Place to Stay in Colorado!!!”

Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I just had the most wonderful experience at the Avenue Hotel B&B in Manitou Springs, Colorado. It definitely exceeded my expectations! Every room was very clean and well decorated and the food was wonderful. We had both rooms of the Manitou Suite - with such comfortable beds that I didn't want to leave. The Innkeeper, Gwenn was so friendly and accomodating that I felt like I was visiting a relative - but I was taken care of so much better. All the amenities that anyone could want were right at hand - from a great selection of DVD's and games to the never ending supply of freshly baked cookies. And I loved the lotion and soap from the local supplier. Being served breakfast on the beautiful china added an elegant touch to the already decadent breakfast. If Gwenn decided to open a restaurant, I'd be the first in line.
The Avenue B&B is located in the perfect spot for wandering through Manitou Springs on foot. Parking would have been a huge hassle. The Inn has parking right outside the back door so we left our car there while exploring the town.
I can't wait to go back - and next time I will have to try out the beautiful hot tub.
Thank you Gwenn for making my first B&B experience so wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bonni R

Reviewed 7 April 2010

Our stay at Avenue was the best we have ever experienced at a B&B. Everything from the beauty of the place to the comfort of the bed to the cleanliness of the whole place to the graciousness of the innkeeper was excellent! Breakfast was exceptional. We will be back and will tell all our friends where to stay in the Colorado Springs area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I went down to the Springs for a little getaway one weekend in February and fell in LOVE with Avenue Hotel! Gwenn and Randy are delightful and I had the most perfect time. Nestled right in the heart of Manitou Springs on their historic main street, it was just what I needed to relax and get away. The food was AMAZING and they even have a masseuse on hand to rub out all of your worries and stresses. A+++!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2010

Gwenn and Randy have an outstanding place for you to stay! Manitou Springs is a beautifully situated town with a terrific main street full of little shops, diners/cafes, galleries, etc. The Avenue Hotel has been wonderfully restored and provides better amenities than a regular hotel, with a much closer knit feel between your hosts and fellow guests. Gwenn's breakfast was amazing, especially the fried apple french toast. I highly recommend you Avenue Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2010

My husband and I stayed at the B&B for our Anniversary. We found the B&B very comfortable and relaxing (which is exactly what we were looking for). However, there was plenty to do in the evening. We had a wonderful dinner at the Mona Lisa fondue restaurant, which was steps away from the B&B. Afterwards we headed over (just accross the street) to the Keg bar for some pool and fun. Very enjoyable evening. In the morning we woke to a wonderfully cooked breakfast and good company. I would definitely go back again. Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coviews
Reviewed 11 December 2009

Right on the main street of Manitou Springs, this B&B is easy to get to. Breakfast was wonderful. Gwenn and Randy are the delightful owners. Our stay was the week before Thanksgiving and even though it was a bit cold in Colorado, our room was just fine, slept nicely, warm fireplace and private bath.

Very reasonable price and certainly worth another stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2009

We really enjoyed everything here: The breakfast is outstanding-don't plan on eating anything else all day! The rooms and common rooms are comfortable and very pretty. Recently remodeled Victorian, a few details to be finished, but don't let that stop you! We are happy with the location (Main Street) and all of the amenities!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Motel
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Mo...
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Magnuson Grand Pikes Peak
Magnuson Grand Pikes Peak
#4 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!