“Great couples weekend getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
1892 Victoria's Keep
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Great couples weekend getaway”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Booking assistance, pleasant room, close to town, great advice for local restaurants and attractions and activities. Recently there was a fire in the area and as a result they experienced some flooding. While we were there it rained heavily and the owners called us to express concern. Fortunately nothing happened but it was nice to know they were concerned about us. We are world travelers and experienced awesome coverage and concern for their guests. We will visit again.
P.S. Parking in Manitou was kind of a draw back, however they do have a free shuttle service and the drivers are very friendly and helpful. The Shuttle Help line is useless.
Safe travels, have fun....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank greg d

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I realized on my recent vacation to Hawaii I have not reviewed all of the places I have stayed near home. SO here goes: Love this place!! Very cute, quaint, relaxing, food is great and do tour the castle right behind it. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I had the Queen's Room :-)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I loved the room we stayed in. It was very private and yet just close enough to town (a short 3 block walk). The view from the windows is of the Miramont Castle and during our stay it was snowing, so it was just perfect. The bed was comfy and the tub was amazing. It is a nice touch of having a mini kitchen so you can cook a small meal if you need to. My only complaint is that we didn't have a view of the mountains, but having the castle just 10 steps from our porch was even better.

We plan on coming back for our 13th year anniversary.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen1beau
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husbandand I stayed here together to celebrate my 30th birthday. The room was beautiful and very comfortable. The jacuzzi tub was just wonderful in the Queen's Chamber. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and the host was kind and took care to accomodate my husband's dietary needs.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julietattoolie
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We purchased a gift certificate from Victoria's Keep as a wedding gift for my sister and her husband almost a year ago. My sister tried to use the gift certificate on a number of occasions and was not able to do so. They were told the gift certificate could not be used on holiday weekends. There was no mention of this when we purchased the gift certificate, nor was there any mention of these exclusions on the gift certificate itself. My sister actually booked a weekend on line and received a confirmation notice. However, prior to the date they were to arrive for their stay, they received a telephone call from the owners of Victoria's Keep to advise them the room was not available. After eight months of attempting to use the gift certificate, my sister requested a refund. They were given a refund and finally able to arrange a stay with another B&B. I would NEVER recommend purchasing a gift certificate from Victoria's Keep.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank T W
law_sand, Owner at 1892 Victoria's Keep, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review. We are very conscientious of Gift Certificate purchases and feel they are a very important part of our business. The reservation that you speak of in your review was made in September of 2011 for a February 18th, 2012 (a holiday weekend) and feel there was plenty of notice to rebook the reservation based on our holiday minimums. There were not multiple reservation attempts made to reserve a room, or we would have documentation and cancellation fees applicable and approval from the owners to do so. We do not generally take reservations that far in advance and it is unfortunate that they you were able to make the reservation. As a business decision, we decided to refund the gift certificate because it was a surprise for a husband's birthday, unknown to us, which we unfortunately spoiled. The phone number and credit card information that was supplied was that of the husband - for the surprise. That was the reason for the refund. We want our guests to have a positive experience and based on the surprise felt that it was best to have our guest have a positive experience somewhere where they were able to hide the potential surprise without a bad feeling right from the start.
Stockbridge, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at 1892 Victoria's keep the day before yesterday. This was our first stay in a bed and breakfast. We stayed in 'The Queen's Chambers'. We did not meet the owners, but our hostess, Lindsey, was very friendly. Someone in another review commented that the jacuzzi tub took too long to fill up. I think it filled up quite fast. The bed was very comfortable and I slept great. My only complaint with the room is that the wall paper is peeling all around the ceiling.

Our breakfast was PHENOMENAL! We were served an egg strata. I have Celiac Disease and cannot eat gluten. So they provided gluten-free bread for me and made sure my breakfast was gluten-free.

Before our trip we tried to get in touch with the owner's to let them know about my dietary needs; my husband forgot to tell them when he booked the room. He called for three days and noone answered the phone. He left two voicemail messages and his calls were not returned. There was no email address listed on the website. Since he was local he even went to the location, only to find no one was there. He finally found an email address on his receipt of the down payment. His email was replied to almost immediately. It turns out the owners had gone out of the town and the hostess was given those days off. We were tempted to cancel our reservation because who runs a business and then doesn't have any way for anyone to get a hold of them? In the future, the owners should change their voicemail message to let callers know that their calls will not be returned for several days or provide an email address on their website.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
law_sand, Manager at 1892 Victoria's Keep, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Thank you very much for your recent review and appreciate the feedback. I understand the frustration that you experienced. We do have our email address on our website at the bottom of each web page, in addition, the confirmation that you received is sent via email containing our email address. It is unfortunate that the email address was overlooked. Your phone calls should have been returned, and I sincerely apologize that they were not, that was our expectation. We are in the process of having the wall paper replaced as it has been repaired multiple times and was repaired again, only two weeks earlier from your stay. You must have caught it on a bad day, again I sincerely apologize, but glad that you had a wonderful breakfast cooked specifically to conform with your dietary needs and enjoyed the jacuzzi tub.
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The atmosphere here at Victoria's keep is definitely like stepping back in time a little, the rooms are very quaint and have plenty of room for you and your spouse. Depending on what room you reserve you can never go wrong no matter what. The breakfasts are amazing, always fresh juices and there is something new every time you go back. The staff and owners are always willing to help you out no matter what. The b&b is nice because it is within very easy walking distance of the main drag in town. You can never go wrong if you stay here whenever you are in Manitou.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,065 reviews
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Motel
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Mo...
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast
Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 9 in Manitou Springs

Been to 1892 Victoria's Keep? Share your experiences!