“Not what I expected...”

Pikes Peak Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Manitou Springs
“Not what I expected...”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I read a lot of good reviews about this inn and decided to book it for 2 nights. We arrived at night and as we stepped out of our vehicle with our 7 yr old son to go to the office we were hit with the strong odor of cannabis. I had forgotten Colorado laws for recreational use of cannabis. It was not a good first impression. As we walked into the room it smelled musty but I was ok with that, most older hotels do. However, the door did not fully cover the doorway leaving a gap about an inch exposed on the bottom right hand side of the doorway, the top lock did not work, The bed covers had cigarette burns, the sheets had stain marks, the wall in the second room had a very large crack going across it. We did not expect the ritz but at least something similar to the claims of reviewers. Sadly disappointed. Location is great, but that can only get a business so far. We will stay elsewhere next time. Thank you

Stayed June 2014
7 Thank Sage100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
McPherson, Kansas
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Hubby and I on a 5 day getaway got the end unit Jacuzzi suite and it was amazing. Beautiful view out the big windows. You could see lovers lane from our room. People walking all day and evening. Owners were truly amazing people. The husband (owner) gave us wrong room 1st night and the wife (owner) put us in the end unit next day and the difference was worth the move. Both room were nice but the end unit is amazing!! We will be back!!

Room Tip: No hot tub or pool. Jaccuzzi rooms! Just coffee and muffins in a.m.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Arrived with 2 other friends and immediately the owner upgraded the room for us and we got the 1st floor. Nice Inn by a stream with a covered canopy you can sit and relax and within walking distant of shops and eating places.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 June 2014

You cant get any closer to the heart of Manitou Springs and the staff is amazing (Alice!). The rooms were perfect, clean and comfortable. Highly recommend staying here if you are visiting Manitou for a fun weekend.

Joe

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I can't rave enough about this place... I also read the reviews and I must say that Pikes Peak Inn is truly a hidden gem! I have stayed here on three different occasions and each and every time the lovely lady, Mrs. Aleece (works in the office) exceeded all of my expectations for friendliness and knowledge-ability. We had a beautiful newly renovated room with full amenities, more than the pricey hotels I've stayed in previously. The atmosphere was very quaint and cozy, we had a jacuzzi and a fireplace in our room, as well as a flat screen tv, fridge and coffee maker.. We also enjoyed the hot tub which was facing the perfect view of the mountains. My family and I were extremely impressed. The rooms were immaculately clean and spacious. The rates were unbelievably low for such a high standard establishment in the heart of Manitou Springs. I highly recommend this place to everyone and I know that my family and I will be coming back here!

Room Tip: There is not one negative thing I can say about this place~
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Piccolo10
pdx
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Clean , friendly, safe, welcoming .its tough to find a place with all that..! This place is great, so convenient to stay here, forget about your car and just enjoy the towns shops and restaurants . The jacuzzi room is quite cool. We stayed an extra night we felt so comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mobomaui
San Antonio, Tx
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Friendly, price was right, next to the creek, clean, jacuzzi in the room, walking distance to everything, safe. Need I say more? Great job Alise(hope I spelled it right)! Will stay again on our return. Hope it's longer next time....

• Stayed March 2014
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,065 reviews
Eagle Motel
Eagle Motel
#7 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Motel
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Mo...
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Pikes Peak Inn? Share your experiences!