“Nice lunch food, grumpy service”
Review of Spice-Life Ingredients Emprm - CLOSED

Spice-Life Ingredients Emprm
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 October 2013

From the moment I entered the door to place my order, the boy behind the counter treated me like a nuisance. I've worked in the food industry before (high school and college) and understand it's not always the easiest to keep a smile serving food, so I go out of my way to be friendly and respectful toward restaurant workers. Nothing I did would make this young man smile or treat me in a professional fashion.

The food was tasty - though we waited way too long for it - and I enjoyed the outdoor dining. I also like the combination of "short order food" and "liquor license" for wine and beer. Still, I don't think I'll bother to return to be treated so badly.

1  Thank COLadyRoadWarrior

Reviewed 18 September 2013

A bit pricey but it was worth it. The pancakes were great! The best part in the nuance/atmosphere. It was welcoming, not a franchise and not touristic. I recommend it!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We were in the Manitou Springs area and used TripAdvisor to guide us to a place for lunch. We drove by this place twice before we found it. But, we were happy we did. The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly. I had the Turkey Cuban and truly enjoyed it. In addition, the tea and spice selection was very good as well. Great value for the selection offered.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We wanted to get a basic American breakfast and spotted this little spice shop with an accommodating menu and "baristas" and the delicious smell of a wide variety of coffee beans, teas, and spices. I got the eggs over easy I hankered for-- with an added surprise of delicious sunflower seed whole wheat bread. YUM! My husband went for the breakfast croissant with ham and cheese which was huge--and he ate every delicious bite. The coffee, of course, was delicious as well. Worth a stop on your way up to Pikes Peak.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We were greeted by Michael and just asking normal questions, he seemed to be irritated and even served up some sarcastic looks and tones in his responses. We would have walked out but it was early and they were one of the only open establishments. $10 breakfast was a bit steep, especially since the blueberries are out of a can and not fresh. In fairness to them, the guy cooking was very friendly and attentive to our needs. The pancakes were not fully cooked though and were very "doughy" in the center. Had we not been in a hurry, I would have requested a redo, but I can only imagine how Michael would have handled that. They also charge $.75 for extra syrup and give the same amount for 3 pancakes as for 1, again seems a bit steep when one is already spending $7-$10 for breakfast. Again, in fairness to them, my wife loved her omelet so maybe we just hit this place on a bad day, but I would not go out of my way to spend my hard earned dollars on this joint should I ever return to Manitou.

1  Thank mike h