“Maybe the food was good? Beer selection was terrible.” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Townhouse Lounge
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Maybe the food was good? Beer selection was terrible.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

So, when I am out of town and stopping in local pubs, especially pubs in towns like Manitou, I expect to drink some local beers. Needless to say, I pull myself up to the bar and ask for anything local and the barmaid proceeds to tell me they have Bud, Bud Light, Coors, etc. (read, nothing local). So my immediate response was, "Nothing Good huh?" to which she turns and starts asking the people next to me what they will have. Well, I suppose I could have handled that better but I expected a little better beer selection from what looked to be the best pub on the strip to hang out at.

So, moral of the story, if you are looking for local or craft beer, don't stop here. I rated the atmosphere and scene very good because they are. It is an excellent location. It just isn't the place for a person that enjoys good beer. If you don't mind drinking Bud Light then stop in, I think you will like the place.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Fun place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Spent a Friday night here and had a GREAT TIME!!! Bartender was FANTASTIC and it was a really good evening!!! Lots of entertainment!!!

Colorado
“It's bar food, but it's done right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My girlfriend told me about the Townhouse and promised a lot. I'm a chef, so she's reluctant to take me to places that aren't fancy, but I respect any establishment that makes good food, no matter what type. The Townhouse delivers on that front. The fish tacos are really good and not expensive. I really liked my wings, and have been craving them ever since. I'll be back very soon for another round of tacos and wings, and I'll probably try some other things too. Stop in, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Nice View Food OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Pleasant atmosphere to enjoy a quick bite after the railway. Bees were present during lunch, burrito good, burger so-so.

Visited September 2013
St. Louis, MO
“Go for the Bloody Mary, maybe skip the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Loved the patio and people watching so we came back 3 times. There aren't many places with a patio like that. I tasted the homemade bloody mix and it was delicious. Then he made it and added a splash of draught beer that ruined it. Not sure if they always make them this way but after that I requested the bloody without beer (sometimes I got a strange look so maybe it was just a 1 time thing). They are so good. Also had the 1/2 & 1/2 wings and the flavor was great but could have been a little crispier. Nachos just so so. Basically just come to drink. The service and waitresses during the week were very friendly! And Im a cat person so I loved the kitties being around. :)

• Visited August 2013