“Good burger, only okay taco salad.”

The Townhouse Lounge
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Good burger, only okay taco salad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I ate at the Townhouse Lounge for lunch. We sat on the patio because the inside part of the restaurant was dark and it was a nice day outside. We enjoyed the atmosphere. The menu is simple. He had a burger and I had the taco salad. He found the burger to be delicious and cooked to his liking. I liked everything about the taco salad except for the ground beef, the main ingredient. The flavor of the beef was unappetizing and the texture was mushy. Not for me. I can tell you that the remaining ingredients were fresh and delicious. The best part was the tortilla shell the taco salad is served in. The shell was delicious and I broke off pieces of it to eat around the meat. Everything is served in baskets with plastic cups/lids for the sides, as expected at any other casual patio setting. Service was great. Our server was very nice, but she possibly could have checked in on us a little more often. We weren't in a rush and she had a lot of tables to attend to, so it wasn't really a problem for us.
One thing that WAS a problem for me: An employee and a couple of her friends took a break on the patio at the table right next to the entrance back into the building (the only way out of the restaurant). It wasn't a problem that they were taking a break there, it was that fact that all three of them were smoking. I live in Colorado and as far as I understood, smoking on any restaurant grounds was illegal unless in a specified, glassed-off outdoor space. Is there some exception for this restaurant that I don't know about?
We would eat there again. I would just order something different next time.

• Visited June 2014

Loveland, Colorado
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a couple of beers and some appetizers. Food was average and the beer was cold. Atmosphere was also average.

Barnegat, New Jersey
“Nice outdoor seating. Friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Walking along Manitou Avenue decided to grab a quick bite for lunch. Sat out on the patio watching the tourist strolling by. Had the Cobb salad which was recommended by the waitress! Excellent choice, everything was fresh, service was excellent! Highly recommend not just walking by! Price is right

• Visited June 2014
TX
“Great patio and people watching!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Not sure about the food because we didn't eat there but we did stop on for a happy hour drink. Huge kudos to our waitress and the excellent job she did. People make the difference! Great relaxing spot for a drink right near the sidewalk where you can be entertained! Try this spot!

“Maybe the food was good? Beer selection was terrible.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

So, when I am out of town and stopping in local pubs, especially pubs in towns like Manitou, I expect to drink some local beers. Needless to say, I pull myself up to the bar and ask for anything local and the barmaid proceeds to tell me they have Bud, Bud Light, Coors, etc. (read, nothing local). So my immediate response was, "Nothing Good huh?" to which she turns and starts asking the people next to me what they will have. Well, I suppose I could have handled that better but I expected a little better beer selection from what looked to be the best pub on the strip to hang out at.

So, moral of the story, if you are looking for local or craft beer, don't stop here. I rated the atmosphere and scene very good because they are. It is an excellent location. It just isn't the place for a person that enjoys good beer. If you don't mind drinking Bud Light then stop in, I think you will like the place.

• Visited May 2014