“Love It!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Mountain Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mc Coy
Black Mountain Ranch
Los Angeles, California
“Love It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

This is a great trip to take on your own. The owners and staff are warm and friendly and do everything they can to make sure you get what you want out of your vacation. My cabin was gorgeous. The rides were fun and challenging offering beautiful vistas and varied landscapes. The food was plentiful and excellent. There are enough activiies to keep you busy all day long, but if you prefer, you can do nothing at all. I hated to leave and already booked my next trip.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank AB62011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2010

The week was everything I'd imagined. The May family and all of the staff are phenomenal--they made every effort to accommodate guests' interests (and energy level!). Short ride? long ride? mountains or sage? fishing? shooting? all of the above?! The riding was fantastic--the wranglers take great care in matching horse, tack, and ride with the rider's experience and comfort level. (I miss Alf...) The meals--whether in the dining hall, up at pack camp, or at the lake--were delicious. The scenery, the fresh air, the stars, the hot tub...I slept like a log. The week passed so quickly and I was so sorry to leave. I'm already planning next year!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank river2010
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

Having dreamt about this trip for years it could well have resulted in an anticlimax when it arrived.

This couldn't have been further from the truth.

The scenery is just staggering in it's beauty, so unspoilt, and long may it continue.

The whole May family (nuclear and extended ;) ) are so welcoming and they really do cater for any riding level.

This Ranch is a must for anyone that loves the outdoors, riding, and good old family time.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank BobbyRachel041
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

This was our second trip to the Ranch, and we're already looking forward to our next visit. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel like old friends. The staff is so friendly, and whole experience is personal and tailored to your liking. The setting is amazing with the mountains, rolling hills, woods, streams and miles and miles of breathtaking views! We loved the riding... no boring stable horses here! The food is excellent, and it's always fun to head to the Saloon for nice cold beer after a long ride. There is plenty to do if you're inspired, or just enjoy the peace and quiet up in the Rockies. The Ranch by itself is terrific, but the staff definately puts it over the top! We were sad to leave, but can't wait to come back. This is a MUST for anyone looking for a great trip!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

Amazing proper working ranch, fantastic food, horses, staff. They made us feel like part of their family, were able to pick and choose our riding trails, our wranglers were really great fun and became real friends. We had the best wedding anniversary 10.000 feet up the mountains for a picnic and an unexpected bottle of wine, compliments of the house!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

I just felt like I needed a different type of vacation this year - and boy did I get it! I'd always liked to ride horses on vacation and thought - maybe a dude ranch? Okay - hold onto your cowboy hat - cuz, not only did I get in plenty of riding, and personal attention on how to improve my skills... they have a chef there that is just amazing, I never expected to have such wonderful meals, I am still working off the extra bread pudding!! Okay the whole experience made me feel like part of the Black Mountain Ranch Family - and traveling alone... I was a little nervous, but no need to be, I could have spent time alone - but I just loved being with the Wranglers, the ranch dogs, the other travelers - but don't worry, I did find time to sit on my front porch and read a good book! The views are breathtaking, I enjoyed every evening just sitting out by the fire and seeing the sunset. I will never forget my week with Jimmy the horse, not to be confused with Jimmy, Chris (the chef's) Hubby! Thank you Black Mountain Ranch - I will recommend you to everyone!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Lone Tree, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

Upon arrival till the time we waved goodbye--the Mays' and the entire staff made sure we had a stellar time. You feel as though they have opened their home to you...and are very happy to do it! The rides were great, the wranglers were fun, the planned events went swimmingly and the saloon is a great FAMILY hangout!
Thanks to everyone there for making the Karel vacation one that we will never forget!

John, Dayna, Chase and Maya

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Black Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!