“Excellent Matzo Ball Soup/Gyros/homemade Hummus”
Review of Nicky's Quickie

Nicky's Quickie
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Minturn
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Every time we're in the Vail Valley, we make a special trip to have lunch at Nicky's Quickie where I satisfy my cravings for great Greek food (especially gyros) and matzo ball soup. Their creamy, homemade hummus is to die for. Even had to buy to-go containers for all of our guests to take back to Texas. Huge menu, casual but cute little place, and very friendly staff and owner.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

The food was fresh and delicious. Loved the matzah ball soup they made. Owner was delightful. He caters to vegan, gluten free, etc., none of which we are and the food was really filling and tasty.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We were at the Denver Indoor Farmer Market last week and were thrilled to see Nicky's Quickie there! We ordered the Gyro - which I had a few years ago at the Golden Farmer Market. Tasty! Fresh ingredients from a chef who cares about quality and what he's bringing to the table. We had the delicious full-on Greek Lamb with tsatsiki and salad gyro - flavorful and wholesome. We watched as he prepared the lamb, sautéing it in Greek olive oil onions and spices. A pleasure to talk to him as he cooked our lunch. For those who don't fancy lamb or meat for that matter, he offers vegetarian, vegan, kosher and other options, catering to a wide audience of hungry customers.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stopped here for a fast lunch, and the food was good. The atmosphere was not good, but we didn't go there for atmosphere. The cooks and waiters seemed a bit high, that was interesting. It was tasty though.

2  Thank Patty K
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This little place in minturn colorado has just moved in and they have been serving everyone at our Vail village market every sunday in the summer months for many years and I never tried it because I do not like lamb, but the meat they serve is not only lamb but it has beef also, I have tried the other non meat item and have been suprised at how good it is and what I have been missing out on all of this time.

1  Thank Ro R

Been to Nicky's Quickie? Share your experiences!