“There's just something about watching a drive-in movie from your bed...”

Best Western Movie Manor
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Monte Vista
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were driving through Colorado and made this place a stop on our family vacation. Once I heard about, I had to include it. The Movie Manor didn't disappoint. We saw Monsters U, but we had the option of watching World War Z on the other screen. The hotel itself was in fantastic condition for it's age. Everything was new, newly painted, modern...except for where it counted, the building itself. It retains the kitschy vibe with the peaked metal roof line. I loved the breakfast area which overlooks the mountain range. The breakfast really is exceptional for a free one. It included sausage, waffles, hard boiled eggs, egg pattys, oatmeal, fruit, and yogurt, among other things. Our room overlooked the drive in screen and outside our door were the mountains, so we set up chairs outside our room and watched the storm off in the distance. Really, no complaints from us.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel! The staff was friendly, the food at the restaurant was great, and we were able to watch a drive-in movie from our room which was fun. I'd recommend it to anyone traveling through Colorado.

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My daughter and I were traveling around southern Colorado for a trip this summer. I wanted to stay here as it seemed like an interesting concept. The other people staying here were very nice and my daughter enjoyed watching a drive in from the hotel room. She has never been to a drive in and didnt get the concept:)
The room seemed clean and in good condition, until I found a rat crawling on my hand in the middle of the night. I didnt not sleep the rest of the night, but did not want to alarm my younger child so told the front desk person when she was distracted. I would have called at the time but like I said did not want to alarm my child so that she would refuse to sleep the rest of the trip. The front desk said they would notify the manager and then overcharged me. Needless to say we wont be staying here again. This is my first time staying in a best western I think I will try to avoid them in the future.

3  Thank Teresa634
Reviewed 21 June 2013

great place to stay and you can watch the drivein movie from your room and the sound is great. room is neat and extra clean had a great time. you can get dinner from the concession stand. popcorn was fresh and food was great.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

It was fun and quirky to finally stay at the movie manor that we'd driven by so many times. We were on Ride the Rockies and had a good shower and night's rest. We ate at the restaurant across the driveway, since we had no car, and it was adequate. It's just fun to stay here. The breakfast the next morning was very good!

2  Thank lwspilates
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I don't know how I first heard of the Movie Manor but once I did, I knew I had to stay there some day. I got my chance when we couldn't find a room in Alamosa. Thank goodness! I wasn't expecting the rooms to be so spacious and contemporary and the bed so big and comfy! We couldnt wait for it to get dark and for the movie to begin. Of course, given the comfy bed, I promptly feel sleep but my movie-loving hubby wouldn't stayed up all night if the movies kept playing. The staff was helpful and attentive. The onsite restaurant was a disappointment, warm chardonnay and a very limited selection, but that certainly won't keep me from coming back!

Room Tip: The rooms more toward the center of the building probably have the best view of the screen. We were...
Reviewed 7 June 2013

If you think that drive in movies are a thing of the past, think again. This motel has two on site drive in movie theater screens. The neat thing here is that each motel room has a large picture window looking out at the large outdoor movie screen with a in room speaker box. You can watch the movie from your bed if you so desire. If you want to relive the good old days of drive in movies, guests are also welcome to watch from their cars. This circa 1960s style motel is very clean, comfortable and in good repair. The decor is all about Hollywood and its stars. Each room is identified by the name of a famous actor or actress. We stayed in the Tom Cruise. There is also a separate building for people traveling with pets. The breakfast room was bright and inviting with large windows looking out over the nearby mountains. The breakfast was great. Overall we had a wonderful stay at the Best Western Movie Manor motel.

1  Thank VIrginiaGirl597
Monte Villa Inn
Monte Villa Inn
#4 of 4 in Monte Vista
Riverside Inn of Alamosa

Been to Best Western Movie Manor? Share your experiences!