“Great Breakfast”

The Vine Market & Bistro
Ranked #19 of 109 Restaurants in Montrose
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Description: Local farm to table. Retail, restaurant, full bar, grocery, catering on/off site, affordable high end, local organic. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner. We are now pairing specialty martinis, ecclectic wines, and craft micro brews!
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to try The Vine for breakfast and were not disappointed! My mother had the eggs Benedict with asparagus and prosciutto and loved it ($11.99). I had eggs, bacon and toast with the salad ($7.99) and it was terrific too! Our only complaint were the potatoes were salty. Overall a very tasty place to enjoy breakfast and I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Do try it. I always order the 1/2 portion which is morer than enough. It comes with scalops, shrimp, your Louisiana saugage and real crab meat. Their home made bread goes well with this menu item.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

The food is okay, service is obtuse. How do 5 average sandwiches cost $80? Go to the Vine. I would not recommend the Vine to anyone. I had surgery, so I eat little, I shared a burger with my wife. I ended up with a $2.50 split charge (sneaky). 5 meals ordered but I got nailed with the "20% added gratuity for groups of 6 or more" (sneakier). Then the bill comes with a line to add a tip/gratuity... for 10% add... for 15%... add... for 20%... (sneakiest). So, 5 sandwiches (no drinks ordered - we all drank water) = $80 bill, and they have the audacity to ask for another tip on top of the one they added? Save yourself the money and headaches. There are a lot better deals in Montrose. To the Vine: inform your customers of the extra charges when you are taking the order - your customers will respect you a lot more.
I NEVER write a negative restaurant review - but the Vine deserves it.

3  Thank docstephens2018
Nick R, Owner at The Vine Market & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hi Doc Stephens,

I am sorry if the split plate charge and gratuity came as a surprise, but we do have all of those items noted at the bottom of the menu along with our Consumer advisory warning, and the key for the gluten free, contains nuts, and vegan/vegetarian abbreviations. It's a numbers game, and in order to make this business profitable, I need to turn a certain average per person, hence the split plate charge. If two people split a $10 sandwich, I lose $2/person. By applying the split plate charge, we make up for that. Usually large parties require extra attention, more items, etc, so we include the auto gratuity for 6 or more to ensure that the server is properly compensated for their effort. The suggested tip lines are a feature provided by the Point of Sale system, it is common feature for most systems and is just a suggestion, it is by no means a requirement to tip.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

We arrived late morning hoping the menu still had breakfast. Not to worry, Saturday brunch until 2 PM! We selected outdoor seating and under the big shade umbrella it was great. The Asparagus Benedict was marvelous. Even the less adventurous Western Slope (eggs & bacon) was great. Their potatoes were to die for and the bread excellent.

Now the food was worthy of going back again and again, but the service, just a wow. We were attended to by Megan. She was over the top great to us while she hopped and ran to all her other guests.

A great gem in Montrose, we'll be back.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We eat here quite a bit. The have many gluten free options and even use gluten free flour for the fish and chips (it's next to impossible to get gf fish and chips anywhere). The atmosphere is wonderful and the staff is very friendly. My only advice would be simply to have more consistency. They have a great bloody orange margarita (although I no longer see it on the menu?) yet it changes based on who makes it. Sometimes burgers come with a side pickle, sometimes they don't. If you ask for a burger cooked "medium" it might come out rare. However, the staff is very willing to listen and when we have had problems they have taken it off our bill. Some waiters and waitresses will share the specials, others will not. However, I recommend giving it a try because the food when done well, is delicious AND it is local. They promote local farmers and sell their produce and products in the front section of the restaurant. I hope The Vine Market & Bistro continues to succeed!