“Nice, Clean, and Convenient hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
Colorado
“Nice, Clean, and Convenient hotel”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This hotel is perfect for short stays when passing through Montrose or a business conference stay. The rooms are basic but nice and do not show any wear and tear. I enjoyed the wireless internet but I did have problems with it bouncing me off at random times. The doors do not slam shut so there was not much loud banging of doors when other people entered or exited their rooms. Mostly your average or "basic" hotel but had a new and clean feel so it helps make your stay enjoyable. I also enjoyed the continental breakfast. At first glance its just cereal and pastries like most hotels however, if you do a 180 degree turn when you enter the breakfast room there are eggs, bacon or sausage, and make your own Belgium Waffles. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just up the street and feel that for a much more reasonable price this hotel provides all the same amenities. Save the cash and try this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bigjaker_4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Stayed for one night which was a pleasent experience. Rooms are standard but clean and staff was friendly. Very nice breakfast was included in the rate. Breakfast is more than the regular donut and coffee as it included scrambled eggs and more. Hotel is located close to many restaurants and fast food joints like McDonalds.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mano40
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I'm rating this hotel as compared to other economy hotels of this type.
The hotel was clean, a basic breakfast is provided, and the work staff were friendly to us. We had flown in, but had arranged for a pick up earlier, so it's best advised to let them know ahead of time if you are going to need a ride from the airport. There's a McDonalds, Sonic, Denny's, and a supermarket right nearby, and I believe even more withing blocks. They have free internet, and I had no difficulty connecting in my room through the wireless. As someone previously noted, this is Montrose. I will consider this hotel during our next business trip.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank cafcolonel
Michigan
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I stayed 2 nights with my 2 small dogs. I don't know who was running the motel, but everyone seemed to be bossy. Right away I was told to not let my dogs bark as if they had. When I brought my dogs in after a walk in the evening, there were 2 men and a woman filling up the guest chairs in the lobby. The man shouted to me "Is that your dog? Do not let him bark! A dog has been barking." Well, guilty before proved innocent. Hey, this is America. My dogs do not bark, otherwise I would leave then at home.

The computer hardly worked and no one helped with it. There were noisy children running around the lobby and breakfast room, I think the manager's family.

I was a women travelling alone halfway through my 3-week trip and have never had this kind of treatment. These people have a problem with good service. I knew I could not rely on them for any assistance.

Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank seniormsu

Travellers are raving about these Montrose hotels

streator, Illinois
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Typical Quality Inn Motel Room, clean and neat. Lukewarm hot tub with no jet action. Breakfast was fair. Doughy waffles and frozen pasteries.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cshager
southwest
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We stayed here just one night. It was clean enough, good location, and the usual fare for breakfast. Not much else to say here, about as good as it gets in Montrose, I guess.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank texgal50
Country Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2010

We had had a long and tiring car journey, one of those days when you feel you cannot travel any further. So many US hotels/motels are a gamble for quality and price so we hoped for something good at the end of a tiring day. We had gone up and down the main highway through Montrose looking for accommodation and spied this property by chance behind McDonalds. We could not wish for more after checking in. A receptionist who was helpful and cheerful, well presented in dress allocated us a room on the third floor. The lovely room was very large, comfy beds and quality llinen and furnishings, which made us feel soooo good having chosen well and at a reasonable cost within our budget.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple