“Poor to Average”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I do not like to give a poor rating in my reviews unless there is room for improvement. This is an average QI, but leans toward poor because it is higher priced than it should be for the age of the furnishings and quality of the room. I paid $80 (minus $.01 - $79.99) for a room with 1 bed - full size bed which they called a queen size bed. I know the difference as I stay in a lot of motels.

The middle eastern family - husband, wife and son - are doing their best to run their business and make it in America. Some reviews report them as rude. My sense having stayed at this property several times in the past few years is that it is more of a discomfort with English than rudeness. They have always treated me well, but I have not had too many requests or needs.

The breakfast is of slightly lower quality than found at most QI's. Eat early if you want food as they do run out of choices. There are not a lot of choices in Montrose which may be why they can charge higher rates than this QI is worth for the age of the property and furnishings.

They do have a workout room with four pieces of equipment. It is a small, crowded room, but it appeared that all the equipment was operative. I used only the eliptical.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Woman in Islamic dress is at the desk. Half shaven Middle Eastern guy sitting on the curb in back smoking tossing our butts and pumpkin? seeds, staring at girls.....laughing, while the women work. The grounds are a mess of cups, cans, butts, weeds, plastic shopping bags, whatever. The breakfast seems to be the same everyday and my dog wouldn't touch it. The backdoor did not lock the 3 different times I was there but they have all sorts of excuses and I got nervous that someone could walk in during the night and start beating on my door. They didn't appreciate why closing the back door after 9 or 10 is important if you want single women, non-military types to stay there. The pool and hot tub were nice. The bathroom needs caulking.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SwEmilia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel last June 2013. In all of my hotel stays, I have never has service like this. Marriott and Hilton could take lessons from the people who own this place. It's super clean, great breakfast, VERY comfortable beds. I was most impressed at how engaging the owner was when I asked him about sight seeing in the area. He new everything, where to go and how to get there.

Great place. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms are all great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I've been stopping at this hotel since it was new and have so say it is in need of some remodeling. The staff is very pleasant and helpful, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've had this year and the room was clean; however, wallpaper is peeling in the bathroom. Still a good value.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Usually choice hotels chains are pretty good. This place has a good location. The lobby was decent. When we got there we were told that our room was on the 3rd floor. We requested for a 1st floor since I have a little hard time walking. The lady moved us to the 2nd floor close to the elevator. Room was decent, old, very,very small and crampted bathroom. We then decided to go to the pool but realized that it wasn't really clean and the computer in the lobby does not work. Owner gave his laptap to use but internet was very slow. The table were where the non-working laptop sits was dirty. We decided not to have the free breakfast because the place is not really clean. Yes, you'll survive one night but one night only.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaksi7
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Located one block from the local MacDonalds, one first notices how the well kept the owners have invested in their property. At check in it was all smiles and welcome, "How was your day". always welcome. This property is ten years old but it is clearly apparent the owners have invested in the property. Honestly, I asked the front desk clerk "Is this your first year in business?" Great hotel, wonderful staff, convenient location, super value. Before closing out, this hotel has a gym which rivals some of the largest hotels to include the Residence Inn in, National Harbor, WDC. For this wonderfully maintained hotel, by FAR exceeding personal experiences at other Quality Inns, my hotel bill after tax was under $90.00. Super value, clean, superb

Room Tip: Whether you face the parking lot or not, it remain Colorado beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We were here on business. company rented meeting room, when we told him air was not working he suggested we open window.. 95 degrees here. He did fix it. He matched another motel rate for us, however had to beg for a fridge, very small one. When ask for an upgrade he told me it would be $10 more.. I am a platium member and was treated like I was not even a member. Asked for downstairs room, said he saved them for old people. no one occupied the downstairs rooms. It would have just been convienet for us since we were in the meeting room downstairs. All the hall ac units were turned off. The hallways were hot! Nice motel but rude, tight owner.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Barbara S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montrose
Red Arrow Inn & Suites
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 4 in Delta
Holiday Inn Express Montrose

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!