“Repeat guest”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
Colorado
“Repeat guest”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed at this Quality Inn a couple of years back and made it a point to stay here again. I have always had a pleasant check-in experience with the friendly staff. In fact, when I couldn't get cell service that night, the front desk clerk loaned me her personal cell phone to call home!
The rooms are clean and comfortable, but in need of some cosmetic repair.
Pool area was busy, but I didn't have the opportunity to enjoy.
Pleanty of restaurants in the area, a few with-in walking distance.
I had an early breakfast, so the selection was good.
Room rate of $55 was the most economical of my road trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I do not understand some of the negative reviews. We had a very enjoyable two-night stay -- the welcome was warm, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Also, the breakfast was good and all that we expected for a Quality Inn. We had a problem initially connecting to the internet, which was quickly addressed and solved by the manager's son and daughter. Wonderful family and great hospitality. Their dinner recommendation was right-on.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rlwlawrisk
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I do not like to give a poor rating in my reviews unless there is room for improvement. This is an average QI, but leans toward poor because it is higher priced than it should be for the age of the furnishings and quality of the room. I paid $80 (minus $.01 - $79.99) for a room with 1 bed - full size bed which they called a queen size bed. I know the difference as I stay in a lot of motels.

The middle eastern family - husband, wife and son - are doing their best to run their business and make it in America. Some reviews report them as rude. My sense having stayed at this property several times in the past few years is that it is more of a discomfort with English than rudeness. They have always treated me well, but I have not had too many requests or needs.

The breakfast is of slightly lower quality than found at most QI's. Eat early if you want food as they do run out of choices. There are not a lot of choices in Montrose which may be why they can charge higher rates than this QI is worth for the age of the property and furnishings.

They do have a workout room with four pieces of equipment. It is a small, crowded room, but it appeared that all the equipment was operative. I used only the eliptical.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Telluride
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Woman in Islamic dress is at the desk. Half shaven Middle Eastern guy sitting on the curb in back smoking tossing our butts and pumpkin? seeds, staring at girls.....laughing, while the women work. The grounds are a mess of cups, cans, butts, weeds, plastic shopping bags, whatever. The breakfast seems to be the same everyday and my dog wouldn't touch it. The backdoor did not lock the 3 different times I was there but they have all sorts of excuses and I got nervous that someone could walk in during the night and start beating on my door. They didn't appreciate why closing the back door after 9 or 10 is important if you want single women, non-military types to stay there. The pool and hot tub were nice. The bathroom needs caulking.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SwEmilia

Travellers are raving about these Montrose hotels

Blanding, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel last June 2013. In all of my hotel stays, I have never has service like this. Marriott and Hilton could take lessons from the people who own this place. It's super clean, great breakfast, VERY comfortable beds. I was most impressed at how engaging the owner was when I asked him about sight seeing in the area. He new everything, where to go and how to get there.

Great place. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms are all great!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I've been stopping at this hotel since it was new and have so say it is in need of some remodeling. The staff is very pleasant and helpful, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've had this year and the room was clean; however, wallpaper is peeling in the bathroom. Still a good value.

• Stayed August 2013
chicago
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Usually choice hotels chains are pretty good. This place has a good location. The lobby was decent. When we got there we were told that our room was on the 3rd floor. We requested for a 1st floor since I have a little hard time walking. The lady moved us to the 2nd floor close to the elevator. Room was decent, old, very,very small and crampted bathroom. We then decided to go to the pool but realized that it wasn't really clean and the computer in the lobby does not work. Owner gave his laptap to use but internet was very slow. The table were where the non-working laptop sits was dirty. We decided not to have the free breakfast because the place is not really clean. Yes, you'll survive one night but one night only.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple