“Good Basic Hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I'm rating this hotel as compared to other economy hotels of this type.
The hotel was clean, a basic breakfast is provided, and the work staff were friendly to us. We had flown in, but had arranged for a pick up earlier, so it's best advised to let them know ahead of time if you are going to need a ride from the airport. There's a McDonalds, Sonic, Denny's, and a supermarket right nearby, and I believe even more withing blocks. They have free internet, and I had no difficulty connecting in my room through the wireless. As someone previously noted, this is Montrose. I will consider this hotel during our next business trip.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank cafcolonel

Reviewed 28 October 2010

I stayed 2 nights with my 2 small dogs. I don't know who was running the motel, but everyone seemed to be bossy. Right away I was told to not let my dogs bark as if they had. When I brought my dogs in after a walk in the evening, there were 2 men and a woman filling up the guest chairs in the lobby. The man shouted to me "Is that your dog? Do not let him bark! A dog has been barking." Well, guilty before proved innocent. Hey, this is America. My dogs do not bark, otherwise I would leave then at home.

The computer hardly worked and no one helped with it. There were noisy children running around the lobby and breakfast room, I think the manager's family.

I was a women travelling alone halfway through my 3-week trip and have never had this kind of treatment. These people have a problem with good service. I knew I could not rely on them for any assistance.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank seniormsu
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Typical Quality Inn Motel Room, clean and neat. Lukewarm hot tub with no jet action. Breakfast was fair. Doughy waffles and frozen pasteries.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cshager
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We stayed here just one night. It was clean enough, good location, and the usual fare for breakfast. Not much else to say here, about as good as it gets in Montrose, I guess.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank texgal50
Reviewed 19 June 2010

We had had a long and tiring car journey, one of those days when you feel you cannot travel any further. So many US hotels/motels are a gamble for quality and price so we hoped for something good at the end of a tiring day. We had gone up and down the main highway through Montrose looking for accommodation and spied this property by chance behind McDonalds. We could not wish for more after checking in. A receptionist who was helpful and cheerful, well presented in dress allocated us a room on the third floor. The lovely room was very large, comfy beds and quality llinen and furnishings, which made us feel soooo good having chosen well and at a reasonable cost within our budget.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hitchiker_bear
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I have traveled to Montrose, Colorado for the past 5 years between business and pleasure. I have stayed at several hotels but this hotel will get my business again for the next 5 years! Their gentle caring for the guests, clean, beautiful rooms with microwave and frig. Their workout room, heated indoor pool and whirlpool is all well maintained. Wireless Internet through the facility with NO Problems of connection! We slept like babies in their comfortable bed. We even traveled with our yellow lab who was accepted graciously by all. The price is MORE than REASONABLE. No more Holiday Inn Express for us - Quality Inn & Suites is our Better than Home Sweet Home! Thanks for making our trip enjoyable!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Sjcates
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I enjoyed my stay at Quality Inn, But i come every 2 to 3 weeks to Montrose and can't pay the rates in the sommer months.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business