“Nice place to stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bridgport
“Nice place to stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

A very nice place to stay. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. They have probably one of the best breakfasts you will find. The farm fresh eggs were great. The only downside was our room was by the ice machine and it was a little noisy.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerRedArrow, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hello "Lyle73",

Thank you very much for being our guest. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on breakfast! I apologize that there was an issue with noise. We don't often have that problem but will certainly look into possible solutions. We hope to see you on your next visit to Montrose!

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Harrison, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel after reading reviews that talked about breakfast so for a few dollars more we had a meal. We were not disappointed one bit! Farm fresh eggs scrambled or scrambled with sausage and peppers or I think you could order. Waffles, biscuits, gravy, fruit, toast, cereal, pastry and seattles best coffe and I'm sure there is stuff I missed and it was all very good and fresh. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was very comfy, firm support but plush comfort. I didn't give five stars because the walls were a little thin. Heard people talking and walking in the hall and heard hair dryers at 5am. Not terribly loud, but still this was vacation for me. Decor might be a little dated but very clean. Wifi was a little lacking also we were farthest from the office and has maybe one to two bars. But it didn't seem to drop me.

Overall if would definitely stay here again. And if you do consider Trds Steakhouse. The meal was very good maybe a little pricey, but it is after all a steakhouse.

Stayed August 2014
ManagerRedArrow, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear "Becky K",

Thank you for providing such a thorough review of your stay. We love hearing feedback from our guests as it lets us know what we are doing well and where we have room to improve. We work hard to provide our guests with a great breakfast to start their day.

I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with noise. This is not a complaint that we receive often and I will certainly look into it to ensure other guests do not have the same issue.

Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Montrose area.

Cheers,

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Recommended by trip advisor and not disappointed at all. The room was spacious and clean. The staff is very personable. Doris a very sweet and her customers service skills could not be better. The grounds are beautiful. The breakfast is delightful. We didn't use the pool or hot rub but it was very inviting .The only reason I gave it a 4 rating is because of the smell in the room .The deodorizer made me sneeze and it was absolutely overwhelming.Oh I forgot.... The bed is soft and cushy. Just how I like it.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the property is lovely.
Green Features: The deodorizing spray was not environmentally friendly
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hello "minigay",

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed many aspects of our hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering a clean and comfortable room with superior service in a unique environment.

I am sorry that their was a deodorizer scent in the room. This is something I will certainly be following up with our housekeeping supervisor. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

We hope to see you on your next visit to the Montrose area.

Prescott Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. They served a decent breakfast in the morning. The place was neat and quiet. My only complaint is there wasn't much in the way of eating places nearby. Definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Hello "kimjady",

Thank you for writing a review. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations.

I am sorry you didn't find much in the way of eating nearby. We are next door to a great steakhouse called Ted Nelson's Steakhouse. We are also walking distance to several other restaurants including The Horsefly Brewing Company.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Montrose.

Safe travels,

Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Finding this place through a special and wanting someplace different to go, I was very happy with my stay. There were 5 in our traveling group, 2 moms with a total of 3 kids, and 2 rooms. The size of the room was very generous fitting 2 queen beds with plenty of extra space. We had a microwave and mini-fridge. My room overlooked the large grassy area and the huge beautiful willow tree was right off our balcony. The bathroom held the shower/tub with the sink being separate. The area was not cramped at all. The breakfast was much more than a continental breakfast. There was a gal in the kitchen cooking the eggs and sausage as people came in to eat. Make your own belgian waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, juice, coffee, hot cereal. The area was kept clean as well! She was one busy gal in the mornings! Looking forward to going back again next year and staying longer! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerRedArrow, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hello "Megan S",

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are so thrilled you found us and sincerely appreciate you staying with us. Our rooms and property do work great for families traveling with little ones. Lots of room to spread out and enjoy the grounds. I also shared your comments with our breakfast team.

We look forward to seeing you next year! Hope you have a great end of summer.

Travel safe,

Stratton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Oh my gosh! I can't say enough about this hotel! Fresh eggs for breakfast! Complimentary breakfast! Well-maintained swimming pool. Great little fitness area! Internet service if you choose not/didn't bring your own laptop. Very friendly staff! I'd definitelly stay here again and would spread the word to others!

Room Tip: Rooms are huge, so if you have a pet, this is the way to go!
Green Features: Very energy efficient! I noticed the staff asks you if you would want your sheets changed, etc. and did notice energy efficient light bulbs.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear "kathy10082014",

Thank you for being our guest. We also sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide us with feedback from your stay. I am so thrilled you enjoyed your time with us.

I am also especially grateful you noticed some of our green initiatives. We still have a ways to go, but are working hard to become a more Eco-friendly business.

Montrose, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have 'lived here' as an extended stay for the past 3 1/2 weeks. The staff is wonderful. Housekeeping has been excellent, rooms are very clean and amenities replenished daily. Maintenance staff has been great as is the front desk staff. The free breakfast is the best I've seen anywhere. I would highly recommend the Red Arrow Inn & Suites!

Room Tip: Corner suite was quiet and had great outdoor lighting. I loved having a private balcony facing the...
Green Features: They recycle here and I appreciate that! The grounds are clean and well manicured.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello "Nancy C",

It was such a pleasure having you as our guest. We were sorry to see you go, but hope you are enjoying your time in Montrose.

Thank you for your kind review and don't forget to stop by and visit us!