Ramada Monument
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
OAKWOOD AT BELLA SPRINGS(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
The Lodge at Flying Horse(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My husband and I recently stopped at the Sundance Mountain Lodge for one night. We had been driving for several hours and needed to stop for the night. I knew nothing about the Monument area but luckily a nice clerk at the 7Eleven across the highway suggested we stay here.

We arrived with no reservation but since it was a Tuesday night we were able to get a room right away. The gal at the Front Desk was very helpful and friendly and even upgraded my husband and I to a courtyard facing room. The price was very reasonable and also included a complimentary breakfast, free wifi, and an outdoor hot tub. They were also pet friendly which is hard to find now a days. We didn't bring our dog this trip but will definitely keep this place in mind the next time we visit Colorado.

The room itself was very clean and comfortable. Plus having the courtyard view was such a treat. There was even a nice patio to sit on that was perfect for sipping a glass of wine while looking at the mountains. Couldn't have asked for a more convenient and relaxing hotel even if it was just for the night. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view if available. Also make sure to ask for a map of the property so you can navigate around the large property without getting lost.
1  Thank Craig B
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thanks for stopping and writing about it! You are our type of traveler: you enjoy balconies, views and pet-friendliness! Glad our staff was their usual selves!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I was very disappointed with my stay. My sisters and I tried the hotel since it was near family--wont do that again. Th e stay started with them claiming we had no reservation, they did rectify that by providing me with a room that smelled of dirty socks and cigarette smoke. I refused the room was was upgraded to a room with no maid service, no hand soap at bathroom sink, no remote for the TV--they stated they were to busy to send maintenence up to my room. The room were dark and musty smelling and not lock on sliding glass door--just a wooden stick to stick in frame. I was on the first floor so did not find this to be a great security measure. The bed was comfy will give them that but I felt like I walked into a Stephen King novel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank deborah b

We dropped the ball on this one and I take full responsibility for your unpleasant experience. I apologize. We have been completely sold out the past couple of weeks and you were put in a smoking room (of which we only have 2). You should have been notified that this was all we had left. Actually you should have been told at time of reservation.

We are in the process of opening up another building for guests to accommodate overflow but it was not completely ready -thus the lack of TV remotes and other details.

Please contact me directly should you choose to come back. I promise a better experience; goakley@sundancemountainlodge.com

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We travel often and this experience has been one of the worse I have ever dealt with.

The ONLY thing I can say about this stay was our room was clean. However, the bathtub was bowed in the middle and sinking in so it felt like at any time we would fall straight through it. When we arrived, it looked like we would have a beautiful view with he mountains according to the way your lodge described it in its advertisement. We were stuck on a bottom floor looking at the front door of the other side of the lodge rooms. When I asked if we could have a room with a view since there was seemingly plenty of room by the looks of the blinds open and lack of cars in the parking lot, the front desk lady looked at me as if I had a disease and was very very rude to me.

Each morning we went to breakfast was a dreaded experience in itself. The first morning there was very select food to choose from, so we tried a waffle, in which there was not even enough batter in the "serving cups they put out" to make half a waffle, so that was not an option to have a waffle. The second morning we were there, the microwave blew the breaker so half the dining room went out, making it impossible to make waffles, toast, or anything hot, it took them several employees and 40 minutes later to fix it.

I called down to ask where to get ice. I was told I had to walk down to the office to get ice or the strip of rooms across from us to get Ice, and if I needed a soda or vending items I had to go across to get that as well, We were on one side of the pool and told we had to walk all the way over to the other side of the pool to get ice or vending items, the office was just as far. I have never stayed at a hotel/motel where I had to leave one entire building to the next just for ice.
Lastly.....your staff at this lodge was the RUDEST staff I have ever dealt with. We had 2 $20 food vouchers to use with our groupons. Both times we went to the dining room to eat, we had to wait for our service, they were soooooo busy training a new gal the first night, the waitress made training her new staff a priority instead of her customers. Paying or not, it was uncalled for services. It seemed to me that if you were not a regular at the bar, or there to drink alcohol like a fish, you were treated disrespectful. Both nights we ate there, it was NOT busy at all, so that was not the reason for our very poor rude service.

I must however say, the food was excellent, it was the best thing about our experience.

3  Thank JustMe5555555555

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. We are adding another ice machine to make the walk a bit easier and I have passed on message to be sure to fill the waffle mix.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I love this place!! I had being here for more than a month and had received a great service. comfortable room. very friendly staff. great location. great bar and atmosphere. live bands are a plus!! great details in landscape, I love the cascade by my balcony. could not ask for anything better for the price. I will highly recommend it.
Miro

Room Tip: second floor rooms have a great view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Where else can you get those amenities like a good bar and a waterfall! Thanks for staying with us. We have a classy group of long-term guests.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

worst of the worst - no hot water - no ice machines near rooms - calls from front desk about electrical problems - old style tv and phones - crappy cable - room was clean but old style -
beautiful view of I-25 if your into watching traffic

Room Tip: chose another hotel
3  Thank Tinker8150

Sorry you are disappointed with our place. We did have a hot water line leak that was quickly repaired (within hours) but may have inconvenienced some guests. Perhaps you were one of them. We do only have the one ice machine, though a second has been purchased and will be installed soon. We are also in the process of replacing TVs to flat screens, but have only gotten to about 15% of rooms so far.
I am happy to note that we have won a Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor which puts us in the top 10% of hotels!