“Tranquil and relaxing”

Ramada Monument
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monument
“Tranquil and relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for about a month or so and found it to be fantastic! The rooms are big, and comfy. Very quiet. You wont hear your neighbors unless a bomb goes off. The establishment is very private with lots of areas to take the kids out for a walk or feed the ducks (watch out for duck droppings ;) There were dozens of ducks and geese to feed when we were here. Across the pond we found a library to go to. We had one issue with no hot water that had to be resolved by the GM after many days of complaining but it was resolved immediately when she learned of it and THAT'S what matters. Perhaps some of the front desk should be reminded how to handle things more efficiently but they were ALL friendly. If we needed to stay in the area again we would definitely stay at Sundance. We saw a few weddings being hosted here and wow! They pull out all the bells and whistles. Great place for any event be it business or pleasure. Oakleys restaurant is so yummy and big portions. Would love to see a bigger and better laundry room though. Only having one made it difficult to leave and do it elsewhere with the kiddos but we used the time to run and play. Thanks again Sundance! Especially Jane the GM.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anna Marie B
GOakleySML, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your long stay with us, Anna. It sure feels like home at Sundance. Thanks for taking the time to make a comment. Gary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This place has so much going for it. The setting is beautiful with views of Pikes Peak and it is so reasonably priced. The staff at the hotel and the restaurant took good care of us and made us feel at home. I will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: the suites are awesome
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GOakleySML, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Rebecca, I am so glad that you get it! Sundance is really like "home". I keep hearing that again and again! Gary
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I booked a stay for our anniversary weekend. We got a deal through groupon that made it a cheapish stay for 2 nights. I looked at the website, which touted it as a quiet, scenic B&B getaway. I guess I should have looked up the exact location too, because while I expected a quiet, somewhat tucked away little place, we pulled up to a--literally--just off the highway motel-esque place. We were disappointed, to say the least. Imagine our further disappointment when breakfast was a cold continental breakfast bar--bagels, cereal, and yogurt. Maybe it's just me but that doesn't fit my definition of a B&B in the slightest.

The property is nice, the room was cute. My biggest problem is that we didn't get hot water. It was lukewarm at best coming out and didn't warm up any more than that...not pleasant on cold days, stepping out into a chilly room. The few interactions we had with staff were friendly. I suppose if you need a roadside stop off it'd be decent, except I think I read that regularly those 2 nights would cost more than a couple hundred. No way I'd pay that much to stay here! I wouldn't stay again, as there are tons of other hotels around, likely with much better amenities.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Christina E
GOakleySML, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Sorry we did not meet your expectations. Indeed we are on the highway as it clearly states on our website and we have never advertised as a B&B. Perhaps that was a Groupon description that was not accurate. I am glad that you saw the caring staff and the cuteness of the room. I apologize for a water issue, we now have 3 new water heaters on the property; that one was just worn out.
Gary

Travellers are raving about these Monument hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Was very impressed the service is always top notch, rooms are clean resturant food was very good prices are good. I have stayed here couple times I have also referred people to stay here too really enjoyed staying here great pool & hot tub really refreshing

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
GOakleySML, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you, Al, for taking time to write. We really do have amazing service and I am so glad you noticed. We also have a nice piece of paradise too. Gary
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was referred by a local and was very impressed with this facility. The staff was wonderful, the setting was unique and the room was clean and quiet. We also found the food in Oakleys to be delicious. We will be back.

Room Tip: ask for a suite, they are very creative and spacious
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GOakleySML, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
It makes me very happy that locals are referring our place, Jamie. I am so glad that the food and setting was pleasing and that you took the time to make a comment. Thanks and come again. Gary
Delray Beach
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

OK, but failed to live up to their promiises. Bed was comfortable, and room looked like they had tried to remodel but it had a dank/dingy smell we could not quite place. After placing an initial booking online more than a month in advance I called and spoke with the lodge to be request a room with mountain views (we are from Florida) and to ask a few questions to satisfy my wife's concerns. They assured me they had several great rooms and had reserved one we would like. We appear to have been put into a near empty wing undergoing renovations with a view of the interior courtyard. Looking for the ice machine I saw ladders, room contents outside, and other construction materials in the corridors. No rooms in the other presumably finished wings were available so we aired the room out for a few hours with no results.

My wife's allergies (one of her concerns) did not fare well. We were able to find a room in another hotel and are moving today. No real interest shown by the staff for our early checkout. Too bad, as I like to use local businesses.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank scubapilotfl
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I apologize. We should always honor that type of request and definitely NOT put you in a room near the construction (which is now complete by the way). I am sorry if the staff was not responsive, as we get many accolades about our service. Please try us again. Gary
Elkhart, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed in two rooms. The first one didn't work out. Both were a bit worn out. Staff was great. Breakfast was perfect for me - cereal, yoghurt and toast. Internet was slow. The bed felt pretty worn out. They do need to upgrade things.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ripwalk
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
We have and continue to put money into upgrades; this spring we have added 20 new flat screens, new carpet to several rooms, new mattresses, upgraded internet, and more. Hopefully this will bring you back again. Gary
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monument
Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado ...
#42 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#18 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,186 reviews
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of ...
#43 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,834 reviews
The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
The Academy Hotel Colorado Sprin...
#15 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,172 reviews
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs near the Air Force Academy
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Spri...
#2 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Ramada Monument? Share your experiences!