“Nice historic hippy place B&B”

Cliff House Lodge and Hot Tub Cottages
Ranked #1 of 2 Morrison B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I love this place. Eclectic, historic, and laid back. If you like Martha Stewart or Paula Deen or voted for Mitt, you probably won't like this place, it's carefree, fun and just plain cool. This place is unlike stuffy uptight Victorian themed B&Bs we've been to that are run by a fossil and smell like ammonia and mothballs. This place oozes the coolness of Red Rocks and a laid back hippy mountain town.
I'll take the occasional wiff of weed over snootiness anyday.

• Stayed: July 2013
8  Thank stickergiant

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This past weekend, we stayed here and we really enjoyed it! We stayed here before when the place was not so well run. The new management, Daniel & Angela, have really shaped up the service and the rooms. They were friendly, helpful and so pleasant to deal with. We went to a concert at Red Rocks and we selected this place for the location, it was perfect. They let us check in a little early and we enjoyed a glass of wine on the patio before we went out to dinner in Morrison. The next day, we had a nice hot breakfast, visited with the other guests and headed back to Denver relaxed and refreshed. The rooms were clean, the hot tub was clean and the service was excellent. We will visit again and I would recommend it for a romantic getaway or after a concert at Red Rocks! If you like a cozy romantic spot, this will do the trick!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark N
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have been coming to the Cliff House for many years and I have seen this historical place have its ups and downs but I do have to say it is on an up streak right now!

In the last few years my stays have gotten fewer and further a part mostly because I didn't really dig the energy that was surrounding the lodge but recently I visited Morrison and I felt like this little hotel was calling to me once again. As I strolled over to see if they had any vacancies I could tell immediately thing were different. The energy around the place was much brighter and more cheerful. The grounds appeared much cleaner then that last time I had visited. When I walked in the main building I could tell they just recently painted, the reception area looked great with beautiful flowers everywhere. I didn't see anyone around so I rang the large captains bell on the desk (it was so much fun to ring that big thing, i recommend doing it just for the giggles). Shortly after a lovely young women came in to greet me. She apologized for not being in the lobby and said she was working else where on the grounds.

I ask if there were any cottages open for the evening and she said yes and that she would show me them if I liked. We then walked around the grounds looking at the available cottages, she chatted with me giving me some history on the lodge. We went into a few cottages that were relatively the same as they were the last time I seen them but some were very different. When I commented on the changes in one of the cottage she said her and a couple friends recently painted and redecorated. She said there were several cottages that were freshly painted. After our tour was done I picked the Rose cottage it was so cute and one of the recently painted ones, you could feel the love that was put into it.

Angela told me that her and her husband, Daniel, lived on property so if i needed anything just to let them know. I had a fabulous evening in my little boudoir with my own private hot tub. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a unique experience in a European style B&B. Yes the place is old and still need work but it is quite charming and a lovely get away. By the way the breakfast was scrumptious!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Celeste B
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My husband and I have stayed several times at the Cliff House, It is so much better since Angela and Daniel have taken over, They are very nice people and the breakfast is the best, it's all from scratch. The cliff house is 140 years old, so that should tell you something, It's a nice place to go for privacy and your own private hot tub.

Room Tip: The Camelot is my favorite.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2013

This place is disgusting!!!! The manager or whatever is pathetic....she acts as if everything is a bother to her and she is above it all. Which I hv put up with before when the place is great and beautiful....or even at the very least ...CLEAN!!! This place is NOT CLEAN!!!!! It is terrible expensive and terribly run down. I didn't even touch the breakfast since I was already grossed out by the accomodations. Listen up Angela....you need to get ahold of yourself and do a better job....lose your nasty attitude and try a little harder at customer service!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank emily k
cliffhouseMorrison, Manager at Cliff House Lodge and Hot Tub Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

A business can only do better if the guest raises the attention of the manager when they are unhappy or dissatisfied.

After reading this review I spent some time reviewing my guest log in hopes to discover the person who was so dissatisfied with my service. I try to document all complaints I have received from guest in hopes to correct any and all problems. I have no recorded incidents for December and would like to speak with whomever was so unhappy. I ask that you please contact me so that I can fix the problem.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

We live in Colo, and wanted some place we could go that wasn't to far. We went here Labor Day weekend this year. This is a small town rustic, very quaint, private and romantic place. The first time we went here the fireplace wasn't working (wasn't that big of a deal), but due to this they gave us a free stay next time, which really wasn't necessary but very generous of them. We stayed in the Camelot Suite. The suite itself is very rustic and romantic. Has the things you need to stay if you want to cook, (kitchen) Also the small town of Morrison, Co. has a some nice places to eat and visit. The BED in this room is soooo comfortable!!! The best thing for my husband and I was the HOTTUB, totally secluded behind a privacy fence with trees, the moonlight, it's just really beautiful any my husband just mentioned "the breakfast, the breakfast, the breakfast lol. We had such a great time we booked New Years Eve this year again. Let me say this though quickly. If your looking for "high class" digs (eg. parking, room service etc.), this isn't the place for you. But if your looking for warm, romantic, very friendly and accomodating people this is your spot!!!

Room Tip: The only room we've stayed in is the "Camelot Room" which is their top room and I'...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debi b
Reviewed 29 November 2012

The rates at this place used to be considerably lower. I thought when they raised the rates, it would mean that they had done some remodeling and repairs. It turns out it is the same old musty, outdated decor at a MUCH higher price. I can't imagine staying there on a show night when the rates double. If they want to charge this much, they really need to step up their game on accomodations, service, and cleanliness. A bed and breakfast is hardly that without the breakfast part. It is a glorified old motel. We used to stay there all the time when the rates were lower. Now that they are sky high, I would rather find a nice clean place with a hot tub somewhere else for far less money. Sorry guys, you lost us.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank LilMoose77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrison
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Table Mountain Inn
Table Mountain Inn
#1 of 18 in Golden
Best Western Denver Southwest
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Comfort Suites Lakewood Denver

Been to Cliff House Lodge and Hot Tub Cottages? Share your experiences!