“Best B&B ever and "Ganga" friendly!”

Cliff House Lodge and Hot Tub Cottages
Ranked #1 of 2 Morrison B&B and Inns
“Best B&B ever and "Ganga" friendly!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have vacationed here on 2 different occasions and getting ready to book my 3rd stay. This place is tucked in right next to Dinosaur Ridge in the town of Morrison, Colorado. I have sat in the hot tub blowing smoke and pretty sure I seen a deer fighting a house cat on this mountain...lol...Weather it was the awesome herbs available in Colorado or just the serenity of the B & B enjoying the newly acquired treasures, the experience was incredible both times!
If you are looking for a place that you are free to enjoy Colorado, the entire B & B and "Be yourself", this place is for you. A place that you can walk across the street and enjoy an evening sitting outside drinking wine, listening to music, all while comforted by outside fireplaces and of course your smoke of choice. Want some food, the town of Morrison is a 1 minute walk from your cottage. Lots of stuff, restaurants, museums, night clubs and even a bike rental. Make sure you get tickets to any concert at the Red Rock Amphitheatre. Your cottage is 30 minute walk there and 15 minute walk back. Driving is very simple and if you wish, you can be shuttled. This is an incredible experience no matter who is playing!!
The food was excellent the first stay and pretty good the second stay. I enjoyed Daniels cooking better when we stayed the first time. I also really enjoyed the personal delivery in the morning at my desired time on the first stay.
The cottages have a unique quality about them. The art and theme around the cottages make the stay entertaining. Not to mention reading the journals that other guests have written about their stay. Daniel and Angela, Inn Keepers Extraordinaire, are just awesome! Very friendly, helpful and fun to be around. They really help set the tone for the stay.
The prices for staying here can be higher in comparison to a hotel. However, I am staying at a place that allows me to be me!!! If I want to grill outside in my boxers on my patio, I can. If I want to have a romantic night in the hot tub, I can. All while enjoying my favorite herbs and concentrates and no risk of the "popo" showing up because some innkeeper or another guest smells my sweet, sweet Sensi......... Love this place...

Room Tip: I stayed in the " Rock-N-Roll" Cabin on "Stone" Street...lol
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank David G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Wichita
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The cottages are amazingly different. Private, sexy hot tubs, friendly staff, beautiful scenery, and very 420 friendly. The owner Angela is terrific, educated, and ambitious. We were lucky enough to spend some time with the owner, her husband, and Kent, they treated us like life long friends.
Kent, one of the employees, took us on the coolest guided tour of the amphitheatre and fossil walk. Good fun, and so much within walking distance. A dispensary within 20 minute drive!
:-)
We even loved the resident tomcat Jaxon. Best vacation ever.

Ps, the Rose Room had no bathroom door.... yet it didn't end up bothering us, made the trip more unique.
Don't forget to leave your story in the journal by the bed. ... We did :-)

• Stayed May 2014
8 Thank dixon3n
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed in the Dino Den this past weekend and it was one of the worst hotel experiences in my life. It was so bad my boyfriend and I left at 3 am because we couldn't stand another sleepless night in such a hole! Here's a list of all the things that made our stay there terrible: disgusting, gross furniture that looked like it was purchased at a goodwill (completely outdated and cheap and never really in style), a couch with a hole in it, cheap card table and chair serving as the dining room table, plastic shower in one of the rooms that leaked terribly, a fireplace that turned on several times a day (in 70 degree weather), no blinds to block out all the light at night, no ceiling fan or AC to cool off, garbage and junk scattered throughout the property, disgusting old carpet and just overall dirty room that I don't think were cleaned during our time there.

One good thing I will say is that the people working there were nice and the breakfast was quite tasty. The hot tub at least functioned properly.

Possibly all the other rooms are way nicer than the Dino Den and that is why others had a better experience than we did. The room was not in line with the exorbitant $250/night price tag.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Dino Den
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Jimbobsister
Columbia, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Cliff House Lodge is not your typical Bed and Breakfast and hurrah for that! Or since we stayed in the Camelot Cottage - we should say "Huzzah"!
The location is excellent, only a few minutes from Red Rocks Amphitheater. Lots of wonderful bars and restaurants down the street. And a variety of people in them - all very friendly to out of town visitors. Example - we were waiting to play pool at a rooftop bar one evening, the two young guys who were playing offered to stop their game and play teams. We are pushing 60 - so were just floored by their offer. And no, they were not trying to hustle us:)
We loved our room - it was decorated with lots of fun and interesting pieces. Funky and eclectic. We had a jacuzzi inside and hot tub outside on a private deck. And one of the most comfortable beds we ever slept in, piled with pillows and blankets. All of the staff were more than helpful, bringing extra towels, providing directions, and advice for where to go.
The breakfast is brought to your room - and was so delicious. Home made biscuits, sausage gravy with poached eggs one morning and french toast the next. Also fresh squeezed orange juice and the best home made yogurt I have ever had.
We have traveled around the world staying in some pretty nice places from Four Seasons to the Greenwich Hotel in NYC, but this is one of our favorites. We plan to return over the summer and look forward to staying at Cliff House Lodge again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GMC507
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The location started the great experience, located just behind Red Rocks Amphitheater. The cottages were rustic, cozy and comfortable. Colorado's new legalization is allowed there. Private hot tubs...beautiful decor. The staff were friendly and happy to serve. The breakfast was delivered to the room daily, hot and freshly cooked...and very delicious! Shops and restaurants very close...within walking. If you are wanting to tie the knot...there are charming little chapels located nearby. This place was so romantic and wonderful I would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: All rooms were cozy and off the beaten path. I can't imagine that any room you chose would be b...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

If you are use to quaint bed and breakfasts in an environment that is very Victorian, then this is not your place. While it looks like your typical B&B at the main lodge, there is an eclectic vibe I have never before seen in our cottage. Admittedly our cottage was a bit run down, and it was evident some repairs were needed. At first we were like, "Where are we???", and then you just shrug your shoulders and go exploring because the Peking cottage has a lot going on! Our room was clearly meant for couples only. Not shy couples. There are journals in this room of all of the past guest's escapades. We spent some time reading them, and had a lot of laughs. The gas fireplace was a beautiful touch. Breakfast served in our room was fantastic, and the host seems very pleasant. Not too overbearing, but there to help if needed. The only con, besides being more run down then one may initially expect, is that the wall are pretty thin by the bed. However, all in all, this place has a charm that isn't luxury, but funky and cool. And a heck of a lot of fun!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank aishamichelle74
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Location, Location, Location. In addition to loving our surroundings near Red Rocks we were pleased every step of the way at the Cliff House. We found the owners, Angela & Daniel, to be warm, welcoming and extremely helpful with suggestions and tips for things to do in and around Morrison. They truly love what they do and it shows in the way they care for their guests and the passion they put into their work.

Breakfast was top notch with ample portions and a much appreciated way to start off the day. The cottage we stayed in was quaint and unique with a private hot tub area (what a treat to soak in after an amazing day of hiking). I truly felt at ease and able to relax knowing that if I needed anything to make my stay more comfortable Angela & Daniel would be looking to accommodate us as much as possible.

I have nothing but good things to say when I look back at my experience. Every expectation was met and even exceeded at times. We are already planning our next trip to Colorado and there is no doubt in my mind that we will be staying here again at some point in that next adventure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SaraJo1977
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrison
Table Mountain Inn
Table Mountain Inn
#1 of 18 in Golden
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden
Comfort Suites Lakewood Denver
Best Western Denver Southwest

Been to Cliff House Lodge and Hot Tub Cottages? Share your experiences!