“They bend over backwards!”

Dvorak Raft Kayak & Fishing Expeditions
Half-Day Browns Canyon Rafting Experience
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Nathrop
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dvorak's is Colorado's 1st Licensed Outfitter. Est. 1969 Offering 1/2 to 8 day trips on 8 RIVERS to accommodate any family, group or individuals. Paddle & oar rafts, kayaking, stand up paddle boards and more. Professionally trained guides. Successfully combining high adventure with FUN. Everyone deserves a chance to experience "River Magic". DVK trips make it easy for you to enjoy the rafting adventures throughout the west. Excellent fresh food menus and special request diets considered. Camping/rental equipment is available. Custom Fishing | Specialty-photography - Bluegrass - Classical music Journeys - naturalist trips | Instructional Paddling School | Multi-sport; raft, bike, hike, zip-line, hot springs, lodging trips. OPEN DAILY May - September.
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Just finished a 3 day kayak instruction + rafting trip with my son. We had such a great time and the guides were amazing! Because of weather and a few other factors we my son and I kept changing what we wanted to do and they had absolutely no problem with it - they were flexible with everything and just made sure that we were happy. Our guides were Mathias and Jim and they are awesome - will definately ask for them next time we go back.

There are newer reviews for Dvorak Raft Kayak & Fishing Expeditions

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Loved our visit! Great family friendly feel. Our guide was great! He ran the river like slalom course.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I have been fortunate to have several experiences with Dvorak's Expeditions. The several day float through the Black Canyon of the Gunnison River as well as day trips on the Arkansas have been amazing. You can trust that the experienced guides will provide a safe, professionally planned trip on the waters of Colorado. I have great memories of the sights, sounds and excitement I had on these fun days and look forward to more!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Our first raft trip with Dvorak was 20 years ago. My wife and I did Brown's Canyon on our 1 year anniversary. Since then we've been back 4 times, most recently last summer for two trips with our 17 year old son. 1st down Royal Gorge followed by The Numbers on day 2.

On every single trip the guides were fantastic. The on river lunches were top notch. And the memories and experiences last a lifetime. First, rest assured Dvorak's first concern is your safety. Don't take this lightly. On the more challenging trips they have one or two additional guides in kayaks "just in case" - to escort a single raft, who else does this? No other raft company I've seen.

The guides were always courteous, personable and not only masters of the river but also excellent conversationalists and really connected well with kids of all ages!

They aren't the biggest company around but in our opinion they are the best. You will leave with a feeling of accomplishment and adventure that is hard to get any other way.

1  Thank IIP2
Jaci D, Owner at Dvorak Raft Kayak & Fishing Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Thank you and we hope you come again for that anniversary trip! We're gearing up for the Holidays and wish you and your family the best. The Dvorak's

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Our family was introduced to Dvoraks eight years ago by way of an online article in Outside Magazine. Since that time we have relied on Dvoraks for all of our rafting and kayaking trips.
The season following our first multi-day trip in New Mexico, my then teenage son attended Dvoraks month long youth skills camp. He left home a kid and returned a budding young man.
The next season we enrolled in the Swiftwater Rescue Technicians course that Bill Dvorak personally teaches. Though the Arkansas River was running at very high levels, (3,500 cfs), my son and I received our certification. The knowledge we gained allowed us to rescue an inexperienced four person crew who's raft had been pinned to a strainer the day after our certification. Trust me, it was a very serious life threatening situation, rescueing four frightened waterlogged people from numerous points in the river and retrieving their raft from the strainer. I would not have known how to approach the situation if not for the training I received from Dvoraks, as well as having the proper equipment we purchased due to our training. There is a reason Bill Dvorak holds outfitter license number 1, and its all about knowledge and experience. We feel priviledged to have Dvoraks as our "go to" Colorado outfitter.

Jaci D, Owner at Dvorak Raft Kayak & Fishing Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thanks for your kind words. We always enjoy knowing that the training and experiences make a difference. Regards Dvorak's