Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Glenwood Suites(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
1st Choice Inns(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Red Mountain Inn(Glenwood Springs)
Affordable Inns(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Hanging Lake Inn(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Courtyard Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsglenwood springsworked quietlythe heat ac unithot wafflessoap and shampooconveniently located right off the freewayrooms were very cleanno elevatortrain trackslittle thingsa great staypool and hot tubfirst floorrefrigeratorcerealreceptionistpets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night and had a good experience. 24 hour desk service was friendly, and they are pet friendly as well. Our only real complaint was that the room (201) initially smelled a bit musky/moldy. That seemed to clear up after we opened the window and turned the fan on. Breakfast had a waffle maker, cereal, bagels, juice and coffee. The area and hotel felt very safe.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was my last stop on my a cation and it was nice to be in a place so clean and neat. The guy at the front desk is really pretty rude. At least say something, a grunt...something, when spoken to. The breakfast is typical continental fare, but still good when hungry.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Great price. Easy on/off access from I-70. Pets allowed for a $10.00/night fee. Nice grassy area to walk dogs. This Econo Lodge is nestled between the I-70 and a gas station/convenience store but don't let that fool you. There is a gorgeous mountain backdrop across I-70 that greets you as you enter and exit this motel! The Colorado River also flows next to I-70, but very hard to see from the motel grounds.

Room: King bed with plenty of pillows, very comfortable and clean. Recliner chair, desk & chair, microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, alarm clock radio, hairdryer, flatscreen TV, free WiFi in room. (No iron or ironing board in room).

Indoor pool and hot tub, (did not use, but looked very clean). No fitness center.

Free Breakfast: Coffee, tea, cereal, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, make your own waffles, bagels, donuts, yogurt, bananas and canned peaches. No meats.

There is a train track that runs next to I-70, but we could only hear it when we were outside. We never heard it from inside our motel room. It didn't seem to run very much. The back side of the motel has a gas station/convenience store and a McDonald's across the street that you can walk to. A short drive further down the street, (or walk it if you choose), is a cute diner with good food, a small grocery store, a Subway store, a bank and a few other stores. Drive about 2-3 miles the other direction and you'll run into the small town of New Castle with a couple of eateries.
We were very satisfied with this Econo Lodge. The price was great compared to prices in Glenwood Springs and Aspen. It is approximately a 30-minute drive to Glenwood Springs, (cute, quaint town), and a 1-hour drive to Aspen, (and the John Denver Sanctuary). It was worth the drive considering the money we saved by staying at this Econo Lodge. Extremely friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this Econo Lodge. I give it 4-stars out of 5, (only because they don't have bacon or sausage on the breakfast offerings).

Room Tip: If you have a pet or cannot climb stairs, ask for a room on the first floor as there is no elevator in this 2-story motel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank n2newz
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I liked it. It is reasonably priced and clean. The guy who owns the place was very friendly. His female partner though needs some attitude lessons for example she should hang up the phone when a guest is waiting in front of her. Overall it is a nice small motel

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I liked this hotel so much and think it's a hidden gem in the Rockies. The rooms are very nice and linens were clearly new. The bed was very comfortable but the pillows were too soft for me. I wish they had harder pillows. When I asked the clerk they brought me extra stiffer pillows. The service was prompt and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo