“Wish she would expand to Carbondale!”
Review of Maud's on Main - CLOSED

Maud's on Main
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I knew that Molly was a wonderful baker from years of coconut cream pies and cakes, but now she and her Mom have joined forces in a restaurant endeavor that is equally wonderful. Everything is made from scratch.
Took a group of four to dinner over the weekend and sampled a some of nearly everything. We very much enjoyed it all.
The atmosphere is warm and just nice!
You will do well to give it a try.

2  Thank aerogal1

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Maud's is on the main street in New Castle, CO. This cafe has just recently opened up and has limited hours of 11-2pm, Tues. to Sat. then 5-9 pm.
We were returning home from a long vacation and decided to stop in to the cafe a bit after 2pm. The co-owner Molly came to the door and said they had just closed but when she heard we had we had made a stop specifically for her restaurant, she escorted us in and fired the grill back up. (Now that's customer service)!

The reason we wanted so much to go there was that they feature a Beef on Weck! My husband, born and bred in upstate NY, hadn't had this favorite of his in 40 years. The beef had been freshly cooked that morning and the bread is homemade. Yum!
Naturally, they have other sandwich delights, plus homemade soups and unforgettable desserts!
Nice people, great food. Look for the orange awning, then stop in and see them!

3  Thank Darrah C
Reviewed 4 May 2014

K so we had three different Sammy's - weck, Reuben , Molly cristo. All nailed it ! The side of black beans was not just for good looks either, all served with smiles . The carrot cake . 4 layers of love and spice so yummy. The cheese cake kilt it , banana cream pie three and a half inches tall !
Well done folks!

3  Thank Kellie U
Reviewed 30 April 2014

What a wonderful addition the the adorable town of New Castle! Beautiful building, decor and AMAZING food, all made from scratch. The breads are baked on site daily, the desserts exceeded my expectations and the meal was to die for. Went in on a weekend and they offer a cod fish fry special! Delicious! We are so thrilled to have a new place to eat. The service is unique, do it yourself, but a fun interactive dining experience. I felt like I was part of the production. Wonderful wine selection, great selection of beers. Great ambiance, music and save room for dessert! The coconut cream is to die for. Worth every penny due to the fact that everything is house made.

3  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The setting is wonderful--creative and tastefully done, and the menu has a variety of selections. Although the entire seating area is small (20 people max?) it doesn't feel terribly crowded. I'm giving this four stars instead of five only because I think it's a little pricey, but since everything is made from scratch it's worth it. I was there for lunch and had the curried lentil wrap which was excellent. I will definitely try the dinner menu one evening.

2  Thank lulubird487