“Just the kind of place we need more of”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maud's on Main - CLOSED

Maud's on Main
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Rifle, Colorado
“Just the kind of place we need more of”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I ate here with my parents on a Tuesday night in July. With seating for 22 people, the place was full. This tells you something about the place since it is in small town Colorado.

Maud's on Main is the type of restaurant I've been craving, having lived and traveled in many places in the world. This place is cool. The food is delicious. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. And the food is real. The restaurant format is unique. Restaurant owners from Rifle to Glenwood Springs should take some tips from this restaurant. There is a market out there that is untapped, full of people who like real, homemade food that is imaginative, yet simple and in an atmosphere that feels like a hip small city.

I haven't eaten in a restaurant in a long time where I'm planning my return as I head out it's door. My husband and I will return for lunch in the near future even though we live 12 miles away.

The only "wish" I have for the menu is that it had a couple more options for vegetarians/vegans. There isn't much of a choice, especially if you don't eat dairy/eggs. But, maybe over time that will change. I'll go back and eat the same thing every time if I need to because I want Maud's on Main to stay in business.

I highly recommend Maud's on Main.

1 Thank avidwalker

Western Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazingly prepared fresh entrees and charming atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We love Maud's and all the friendly personalities of the staff and owners. The food is always beyond amazing.

1 Thank donkeymansdaughter
Landenberg, PA
“A special place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

They have been cooking for years and opened in New Castle in April. They believe that food is the experience and what they cook with its flavors and ingredients demonstrates that belief. All the dishes we had were especially flavorful. The soups were great. The breads were special.
It is a small place seating only 22 but they do offer takeout. You order at the counter and bus your own table. They bring the wine or beer. Prices were moderate and the full menu is available it seems at any time.
This is one of those places I would like to come back to. Personable staff, a cook who loves cooking and good food. What more does one want?

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank lrvand
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Really Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Maud's on Main is new to New Castle, CO and it brings an outstand staff with some amazing food. Molly and her mother Ann bring experiences from New York and Chile to our small town and they transport diners to another realm of eating. The bistro is small and partially self-serve so its very casual. We have eaten lunch and dinner several times in the past month and have made different choices each time - so far everything has been outstanding. Don't go here for diet food; they serve home made breads and deserts that will tighten your belt. All the ingredients are fresh and high quality, nothing is pre-prepared the deserts and breads are made fresh every day in the bistro and everything is prepared after it is ordered.

1 Thank Bob C
“Wish she would expand to Carbondale!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I knew that Molly was a wonderful baker from years of coconut cream pies and cakes, but now she and her Mom have joined forces in a restaurant endeavor that is equally wonderful. Everything is made from scratch.
Took a group of four to dinner over the weekend and sampled a some of nearly everything. We very much enjoyed it all.
The atmosphere is warm and just nice!
You will do well to give it a try.

• Visited June 2014