“Relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Niwot
Westminster, Colorado
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Nice innkeeper. Oatmeal, waffles, boiled eggs, cut fruit, and pastry. Tea and coffee. The B&B is very detailed in southwestern theme. Heated toilet seat. $168 a night for the La Luz room. Parking in back of B&B. The B&B is on main street.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ilovetotravvel2
Cheryl D, Manager at Niwot Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We do our best to ensure that all of our guests have a wonderful time during their stay. We hope you visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Chose this Inn based on the southwestern decor as we are fans of Santa Fe. This was a very pleasant place! It was relaxing, clean, quiet and the staff was very friendly. We stayed in the Kokopelli suite and were very pleased. It was a nice size room with wood-buring fireplace, king bed, nice leather seating chair and sofa and an attractive bathroom. The decor was also attractive.
It was cold during our time in Niwot, so we had the fire going whenever we were in the room and loved it. But as soon as the fire died down, the room got cold quickly because we were told to keep a window slightly open when having the fire going. There is a heater in the room but we found it got dry and stuffy quickly. So it was a bit challenging to find a comfortable balance when the fire wasn't going.

Sleep quality was good, except when the fire went out and the room got uncomfortably cold. One of us had to get up in the middle of the night and turn on the heater. The mattress was too soft for my back. My wife enjoyed it. So really it's a personal preference on that one.

We also preferred staying outside of Boulder. It was nice to get away from the cars, parking tolls and dozens and dozens of strip shopping plazas. The drive was 10-15 minutes into town and 10-15 minutes into Longmont which was also enjoyed.

The included breakfast was OK, the fresh fruit was clearly the best part. That was excellent and some of the scones and breads were also good. They had a waffle-maker but you had to ask someone in the office to make one for you and that was a process that didn't yield good results plus you felt like you were inconveniencing the staff. Skip the waffles and the bagels. Would have liked some variety from morning to morning. Aside from that this is an excellent destination to relax. There's an excellent liquor store across the street and a number of good places to eat within a 2 minute walk. The pizza place next door was also excellent and much better option than the pizza we got in Boulder.

So two enthusiastic thumbs up here! We'd pick this place again over any of the 5 Star places in Boulder, no question. (We did check those out).

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be nice. Inn is in a very small town away from main road, so all rooms will be qu...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Cheryl D, Manager at Niwot Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback about the room temperatures. As you know, Colorado is a the land of extremes: one day is hot and sunny followed by a foot of snow. We'll work on a better solution so that future guests aren't inconvenienced by vast temperature change.

We appreciate you choosing to stay at our Inn, as we know there are many options in the Boulder area. We hope to see you again soon. Take care!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Had a wonderful time at the Niwot Inn. Stayed in the Sangre de Cristo room, very comfortable bed, used the gas fireplace to heat the room which was very nice. The breakfast is excellent with local and organic food. The WiFi works great, streamed a movie with no problem. The staff is very nice, will certainly come back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cheryl D, Manager at Niwot Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your review.
Eagle River, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

A hidden gem I almost hate to share!
I hesitated to write this review, hoping to keep this “find” a secret, but feel obligated to share when an Inn goes so far above and beyond expectations.
I found the Niwot Inn when getting desperate to find ANY room in the Longmont Colorado area for an upcoming business trip. I had no idea “parent’s weekend” and recent flooding were responsible for completely booking up common area hotels. How FORTUNATE for me. The Niwot Inn is exactly what I would have described if asked about my ideal Inn experience.
I’m a frequent business traveler and also love to travel for pleasure as well. My priorities are cleanliness, quiet, beautiful aesthetics/interesting architecture (if possible), a wonderfully comfortable bed, and high speed wireless internet. My preferred price range is $100-$150 per night.
The Niwot Inn, although slightly higher than my price preference – far exceeded my expectations and was worth every penny!
The Niwot Inn was a visual and textural delight. Beautifully designed with a front porch seating area and water fountain under a large shade tree, high soaring ceilings, exposed timber beams, and incredible woodwork, the Inn looks more like a Colorado lodge than a bed and breakfast inn. The owner designed each room with an amazing eye for texture, color and atmosphere. Local colors and flavors appear to have influenced the decor, and custom details are everywhere from the hand-cut polished wood floors to the lights inset in rough hewn exposed timbers in the bathroom area. Hand hammered copper sinks are set into thick pine slab counter tops, and the lighting is adjustable for any mood. Linens on the bed are high quality soft cotton, the throw pillows and blankets are luxurious and elegantly made, and the throw rugs add a rich feel to this welcoming, warm decor.
I was lucky enough to get the last room available, the Kokopelli Suite. After a warm greeting at the front desk, Jane gave me a tour of the breakfast room and fireplace seating area, and took me to my room to show me the amenities and make sure i settled in comfortably. Three large windows with roman shade blinds overlook this sleepy little Niwot street. The suite is generously sized open-concept room with tall sloping ceilings and wonderful wall angles. It’s hard to describe the mood created by the custom-made floor lamps generously placed around the room, the inviting leather chair and ottoman next to the fireplace, and the bathroom with a jetted soaking tub and heated toilet seat (!). The towels are deep, thick, organic cotton from Sundance that are not only soft but incredibly absorbent. Everything in this room provides either a visual or a tactile “ahhh” and a smile.
The berber carpeting is soft on bare feet, and the in-room robes are comfortable against the skin.
Pillows are thick and comfortable, and the designs and patterns of the textiles throughout the room I had a chance to peek into several rooms during the morning check-out period, and saw that every room had a CD player with a stack of 5 CDs of gentle, relaxing music. (R. Carlos Nakai was playing softly on mine when I arrived).
An in-closet refrigerator has several drink selections, and an in-room basket of very reasonably priced snacks sits nearby on a hand crafted pine table. A large screen flat TV is mouted on the wall, but I never felt the need to watch it. My room was on the second floor adjacent to a wonderful reading area, and Jane, the innkeeper on duty when I checked in, brought hot freshly baked cookies to my suite door. Talk about a wonderful welcome!
Fresh fruit, salted nuts and ice water are available in the breakfast area where guests gather to relax, chat and read.
Breakfast in the morning is buffet style, and there are four tables next to the windows, each with a fresh sunflower arrangement. I had locally made granola topped with fresh blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and melon with low fat milk and a great cup of locally roasted coffee. Complimentary copies of the Wall Street Journal and local papers are placed on the hearth.
The website photos are an accurate depiction of this wonderful inn, but don’t capture my favorite feature of this property – the rich textures and colors found everywhere. I took several photos to show you the Inn through my eyes.
I will definitely return here, and hope to bring my husband next time. I’d recommend this to any couple as a romantic get away close to home, and to business travelers who want a more intimate surrounding and excellent service.
What a gem. The staff iswonderful, everything is spotlessly clean, and I got two of the best nights sleep I have had in ages. I’ll be back.
I wish this had been a personal trip rather than a business trip - I wanted to spend more time in this room!

Room Tip: Note- I accidentally clicked "swimming pool" in this review and cannot figure out how to d...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Live2TravelReview
Cheryl D, Manager at Niwot Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your glowing review of the Niwot Inn. We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful time in the Kokopelli Suite, as it is one of my personal favorites. We hope you come see us again. Thank you again.
minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Smaller hotel with comfortable rustic feel, located in a cute small town near Boulder. Stayed there for business: Wi-fi was flawless. Good and complimentary granola and fruit for breakfast. Love the steam shower. No work out facility on site, but lots of trails nearby. Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank bunkl
Cheryl D, Manager at Niwot Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We appreciate your review. We hope that a business trip brings you back to see us. Thanks again!
Niwot, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Ben and I got married over two years ago and most of our out of town guests stayed in the Niwot Inn. We let some family members use our home and we spent the night before and the night of our wedding at the inn. We loved it as much as we expected and now we return in the winter every year. If you get one of the two rooms with a real fireplace, you can relax with the light of the firelight all night. This is what I love, as well as my sweet Ben!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Cheryl D, Manager at Niwot Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We've had a few weddings at the Niwot Inn since you and your guests stayed here last summer, but we remember you all quite fondly. We hope you come visit us again for your anniversary perhaps! Take care!
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Lovely inn, new but in the timber tradition. Very comfortable bed and steam shower in our bathroom. Free bikes to use on the trails in town. The breakfast included special granola, fresh pastries, lots of fresh fruit including blackberries and rasberries, yogurts, breads, jams, plenty of coffee. In a small typical Colorado town just north of Boulder. We visited an art/architecture gallery down the street where people were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank jardinage45
Cheryl D, Manager at Niwot Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Niwot Inn. We hope you come again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niwot
Hampton Inn & Suites Boulder - North
Residence Inn Boulder
Residence Inn Boulder
#8 of 19 in Boulder
Residence Inn Boulder Longmont

Been to Niwot Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!